are.

mean.

:drool:

rotten

to

the

core

:p

Edit: I don't mind the Titan styling. But the bulbous front fenders in the XD make one believe they were meant for a different cab.

From the A-Pillar back it isn't bad...the front clip tho'... gee-bus! Don't really care for most of the late model truck's styling...all of the cod piece grills, gawd awful.

Glad to see them starting to fade, the new Ram's grill isn't half bad. Never did like the semi-truck inspired front end that they started, or brought back depending how you look at it.

ram1500tradesman-1.jpg

bkg

Explorer
Very underwhelming.

Oh well, at least I don't have lust over a 2019 that I must spend crazy amounts of $$ to address...

I grabbed a magazine off the shelf tonight to read. Happens to be the April 2017 edition of Petersen’s which introduced the Tacoma TRD Pro.

Fox shocks, unique skid plate, unique LED lighting, unique stitching on heated leather seats, TRD exhaust, special shifter knob...

Either (literally) nothing has changed... or nothing has changed and Toyota has figured out how to capitalize on short attention spans.

FJR Colorado

Explorer
I grabbed a magazine off the shelf tonight to read. Happens to be the April 2017 edition of Petersen's which introduced the Tacoma TRD Pro.

Fox shocks, unique skid plate, unique LED lighting, unique stitching on heated leather seats, TRD exhaust, special shifter knob...

Either (literally) nothing has changed... or nothing has changed and Toyota has figured out how to capitalize on short attention spans.

Groundhog Day!

rruff

Explorer
I grabbed a magazine off the shelf tonight to read. Happens to be the April 2017 edition of Petersen’s which introduced the Tacoma TRD Pro.

Did they say the Tacoma was "new"? The Tundra Pro has changed.

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
I bought my 2014 Toyota Tundra last summer based on a couple solid attributes: reliability, reliability, and proven reliability. It seems like every time I check the internet. people are crapping all over the Tundra.....no new this...no new that....boohoo...... Then in the same breath people whine that "they don;t build them like they used to" I couldn't care less about the fanciest new techno gadgets that are on the new trucks. I like....scratch that...I love my Tundra. In my humble opinion it is the most reliable, best performing 1/2 ton gas powered truck on the market. Period. I don't need 35 usb ports in my dash, I don't need 46 warming and cooling cup holders, or air conditioned seat.....what I need, and what I got was a truck with a very proven track record, with a motor that has more power than I will ever ask of it, a truck that seems to climb to the top of reliability and confidence and overall customer satisfaction reviews all over the place.

I bought a truck to throw my Four Wheel Camper on, replace all the suspension with aftermarket top quality products, add some more goodies like a winch and sliders and stuff, and spend the next 20 years driving it around North America knowing that by my reckoning I wouldn't have found a more reliable 1/2 ton gas truck.

Mileage isn't and has never been, my main focus. I consider my "rig" akin to an RV in it's overall purpose, not to a daily driver. I need it to get me where I want to go in comfort and with with the power to tackle the mountain passes and whatever we may face off-road that we encounter, and to get me home again.
I have no interest in a "small truck". I had an Xterra, and while it was great at what it did, it was a little on the small side comfort wise. My brother in law has a newer Tacoma....no thank you. I like the added space and comfort that a full size Tundra offers, and their is no comparison between any of the smaller V6 powered trucks/suv's and what lays beneath the hood of my Tundra. I can pull my travel trailer all day long at any speed I want, up any grade I want, and hardly know it's there. I hauled my new Four Wheel Camper back across the mountains last month and honestly the truck didn't even break a sweat.

But hey, my poor truck doesn't have the latest early warning traffic avoidance sonar whatchamacallit, or parallel park itself doo-hickey's in it. Oh what will I do?

I love how everyone completely ignored your post and continued to debate petty features found on trucks these days!

It deserves to be brought up again.

You hit the nail on the head!

Ford, Dodge, & GM can come up with whatever special edition this, that, and the other that they won't; but they fail to build a reliable truck these days. All those extra gizmos is just something else to go wrong IMO.

Toyota is the only one still building robust, reliable, simple, body on frame pickup trucks.

kmacafee

Adventurer
There’s been little mention of payload. I currently drive a 2012 Tacoma v6 with a Four Wheel Camper. Even after upgrading Springs, shocks etc, I know I am at weight capacity. I too have had no major problems with the truck and love the reliability. Fuel economy sucks but it is what it is.

Looking at newer trucks, I’d love to get a Tundra. But I need 4 doors and a 6 foot bed and thats not available in a Tundra. The F150 looks nice but again, payload is an issue, especially if I get a bigger camper. So, now, I’m looking at 3/4 and 1 ton trucks (gassers) and I have big concerns about reliability and resale. Not to mention the astronomical costs, even for fairly basic trim levels. Trucks have become fashion accessories for many, driving up the prices for people who actually “need” a truck.

Adventurous

Explorer
There's been little mention of payload. I currently drive a 2012 Tacoma v6 with a Four Wheel Camper. Even after upgrading Springs, shocks etc, I know I am at weight capacity. I too have had no major problems with the truck and love the reliability. Fuel economy sucks but it is what it is.

Looking at newer trucks, I'd love to get a Tundra. But I need 4 doors and a 6 foot bed and thats not available in a Tundra. The F150 looks nice but again, payload is an issue, especially if I get a bigger camper. So, now, I'm looking at 3/4 and 1 ton trucks (gassers) and I have big concerns about reliability and resale. Not to mention the astronomical costs, even for fairly basic trim levels. Trucks have become fashion accessories for many, driving up the prices for people who actually &#8220;need&#8221; a truck.

They offer a 4 door double cab Tundra with a 6.5' bed. The back two doors are fun-sized, but the back seat still offers pretty ample space. Way more space back there than a double cab Tacoma.

But, that sounds like a great excuse to graft a 6.5' bed onto a double cab platform.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
They offer a 4 door double cab Tundra with a 6.5' bed. The back two doors are fun-sized, but the back seat still offers pretty ample space. Way more space back there than a double cab Tacoma.

But, that sounds like a great excuse to graft a 6.5' bed onto a double cab platform.

The double cab version of the Tundra (which I have) has decent enough space in the rear seat, but I guess it depends on who will be sitting back there and for how long. I'm 6'2" and can sit in the back seat in relative comfort, but I'm not sure i would want to sit there for a few thousand miles. Young kids? Dogs? No problems at all. My sister has the Crewmax Tundra and the rear seat space is out of this world. Their is literally more space in the rear seats to stretch out than in the front, it is immense back there. However, it's only available with that wee 5' box. I have no children, won't be taking any extra adults along for the ride, have to consider the comfort of two dogs and the Wife, and wanted a 6' bed for the camper....so the double cab was the obvious choice for me.
I pulled the entire rear seat out this past weekend, and will be re-vamping my dog bed platform and adding a storage box where the folded up rear seat used to live.

kmacafee

Adventurer

I've looked at them but that back seat is still pretty small. We have a granddaughter we'd like to take camping and she's still in a booster seat. I can't imagine her being comfortable back there as she gets older. And payload is still a concern.

rruff

Explorer
But I need 4 doors and a 6 foot bed and thats not available in a Tundra.

^^^ Like he said. Or you can get an 8' bed and 4 doors.

The back seat is pretty large. Not barcalounger massive like the Crewcab, but adequate for full sized people for reasonable distances (maybe not cross-country).

phsycle

Adventurer
I’ve looked at them but that back seat is still pretty small. We have a granddaughter we’d like to take camping and she’s still in a booster seat. I can’t imagine her being comfortable back there as she gets older. And payload is still a concern.

Payload is definitely a concern. Something I've voiced many times. The F150 does have an HD Payload package that takes it to I think 2,300lbs or something like that. It only comes with the 6' bed option, so you should be good. Back seats are pretty big. Your granddaughter will love it.

But full-time camper set up, I agree with you. 3/4 or 1 ton just makes more sense. You will average similar MPG with the 1/2 tons as well. But more range due to the bigger fuel tank options.

^^^ Like he said. Or you can get an 8' bed and 4 doors.

The back seat is pretty large. Not barcalounger massive like the Crewcab, but adequate for full sized people for reasonable distances (maybe not cross-country).

I was surprised how "big" the DC seats were. Definitely bigger than my Tacoma. Depending on the person's size, I think cross-country travels are definitely doable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier