2019 Tundra

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
I really hope so!
I think the 5.7 is a great engine, but it would be nice if their big powerplant offering had better economy.

zidaro

Explorer
JUST RELEASED!!!!

New 2019 Tundra will have an all electric drivetrain with a solar sunroof charge capability , full time 4wheel drive, and best of all a 2500HD option in the crewmax cab configuration!

phsycle

Adventurer
The new 4Runner is slated for next year 2019. I wonder if they will also revamp the Tundra the same year or wait until next? Over the past couple decades, I don't think there were 2 models that debuted at the same time. I'd venture to guess it's coming in 2020.

Dalko43

Explorer
Toyota needs to do something, their trucks and BOF SUVs are ancient.

Toyota's platforms (frames, chassis) have actually seen development over the years and are very well-built IMHO. The underlying platforms are fine; it's the engines that need some serious updates. Toyota (at least in North America) is still relying on naturally aspirated gasoline engines while other companies are making use of turbo gasoline and turbo diesel engines.

Last edited:

FJR Colorado

Explorer
That 5.0 Lexus engine would seem to have promise.

Do I dare say "diesel"?

I see the F-150 is getting a Cummins.

Edit: Meant to say the F-150 is getting a diesel.

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
While I like the Tundra, other than the dismal fuel economy or the lack there-of.

Do think Toyota should abandon the platform, and quit trying to complete with the Big-3 in the fullsize truck market. Not a popular view I know.

Would love to see a super fuel efficient small truck, like that A-Bat concept they were working on a couple few years ago.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Toyota's platforms (frames, chassis) have actually seen development over the years and are very well-built IMHO. The underlying platforms are fine; it's the engines that need some serious updates. Toyota (at least in North America) is still relying on naturally aspirated gasoline engines while other companies are making use of turbo gasoline and turbo diesel engines.

Their trucks are c-channel and the suspensions are super old. Sure they work fine, but where is the progression? I love my 2006 4runner, but what's changed?

D

Deleted member 9101

While I like the Tundra, other than the dismal fuel economy or the lack there-of.

That is the exact reason I went with the Ecoboost. I get almost 20mpg in traffic, my Tundra couldn't get that at 65 on the hw.

Clutch

<---Pass
That is the exact reason I went with the Ecoboost. I get almost 20mpg in traffic, my Tundra couldn't get that at 65 on the hw.

Most of my dirt bike buds that have them get around 13-15. One does say he gets 18 out of his going 80...not sure how that is possible.

FJR Colorado

Explorer
I know a guy in Wisconsin who had an F-150 Ecoboost and he had numerous problems. Not sure if he ever got it running right.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Their trucks are c-channel and the suspensions are super old. Sure they work fine, but where is the progression? I love my 2006 4runner, but what's changed?

Nothing wrong with a c channel. Done with this subject. What’s wrong with the 4Runner frame? Why do you guys think manufacturers have to change every couple years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne