2019 Tundra

bkg

Explorer
Frame recall is garbage. All manufacturers have rust issues. Go by a domestic forum and there are frames rusting through. Early engines may have had some issues. On the 3 forums I frequent I’ve never read of any. But they fixed it as it was a new motor Entune is not a reliability issue . Tundras are by far better than anything domestic. When I was younger I was a domestic only guy. I then became tired of always having my vehicle in the shop.

FYI the Toyota of today is the same Toyota of yester years.

Blinded by your loyalty to a brand so much that you dismiss anything that blemishes the brand...

Yup... you’re a fanboi

bkg

Explorer
Fortunately, domestics aren’t the domestics of yesteryears. They’ve come a long way, I feel.

And that entune.....I’ve got it on two of my vehicles. I hate it. The most unintuitive program I’ve ever used. I am thinking of getting an adapter that just mirrors my phone. It is utter garbage. No, it’s not a direct reliability issue, but could become one when I start kicking it and throwing stuff at it.

It’s a reliability issue when the audio recorder plays back static... and when Toyota tells people it’s “normal.” And when a master tech tests a bunch of vehicles on the lot and says “they all play static.. and it’s stupid” after arguing with Toyota for a week.

Btdt... turned the option off on my wife’s 4Runner because it was pissing us both off.

bkg

Explorer
Well I guess with loyal fanboys like yourself maybe they shouldn't be. Seems like anything Toyota puts out there will be some who buy it regardless. I never knew Toyota was beyond reproach and above all criticism. The mere mention of Toyota improving, innovating, and adding some excitement is considered being "whiny" according to you. My money goes to the brand that puts out the best product, not to some form of brand loyalty or an emblem.

Well said

bkg

Explorer
:D

Believe I could get an easy 20 mpg HWY out of a F150....grumpy middle aged man that got waaaaay too many speedy tickets when I was younger, take off and stop easy....gently merge on to the highway, rolling up to 2 mph below the posted speed limit, set the cruise, lift my coffee to my lips and sip...then watch the rest of the world zip past me like they are going to ******** their pants and need to get somewhere in an awful hurry...

18 at 80, yeah I don't see it either, maybe 65 and driving like I do.

F350 CCSB, 2.5” lift, 35-12.5 tires. Got just shy of 19 over 170 highway miles today....

At 70 mph. At 75, it drops to 15.5. ?

Clutch

<---Pass
Just bought a 2018 F150 SuperCrew 4x4 with the 3.5L EcoBoost and 10 speed auto. 20+ is absolutely possible and not too difficult to attain. I previously had a 2014 F150 SuperCrew 4x4 with the EcoBoost and 6 speed which would do 18-19 pretty easily. Yes, driving them like you stole them will absolutely kill your mileage, but it is absolutely possible to meet the mpg numbers on the window sticker.

That being said, I have high hopes for a third gen Tundra as I am a Toyota fan at heart, but felt that I got a lot better truck for my money with the Ford at this time. If Toyota catches up or exceeds Ford when the next truck drops, my decision will be.a whole lot harder next time!

That is pretty good. Was talking with forum member p nut, he had the 2.7 Eco and said he was getting 22-23 out of it, and the is with the 6 speed trans IIRC. Why I have high hopes for the Ranger, it "should" get a solid 25 mpg HWY with that little turbo engine and 10 speed trans.

Believe since Ford sells so many trucks, and has a a lot variations to choose from, can get more for your money.

F350 CCSB, 2.5&#8221; lift, 35-12.5 tires. Got just shy of 19 over 170 highway miles today....

At 70 mph. At 75, it drops to 15.5. &#55357;&#56833;

That is really good for such a big truck, puts my Tacoma to shame.

bkg

Explorer

Well... diesel...

My dcab does mid teens. Getting 4.88’s and new cats now... or... when it’s warm enough to work on.. hoping for 17-18 on the highway

Clutch

<---Pass
Well... diesel...

My dcab does mid teens. Getting 4.88's and new cats now... or... when it's warm enough to work on.. hoping for 17-18 on the highway

Yeah deezul...just have no need for that much truck. Maybe when I retire, but be better served in a Class B or C motorhome.

18 out of the Taco, 4:10's on 265/75's...and that is babying it. Engine is a little tired though.

As I keep on saying, I really should get a car for the commute like a Civic or something, and quit looking at these gas hog trucks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

That is pretty good. Was talking with forum member p nut, he had the 2.7 Eco and said he was getting 22-23 out of it, and the is with the 6 speed trans IIRC. Why I have high hopes for the Ranger, it "should" get a solid 25 mpg HWY with that little turbo engine and 10 speed trans.

Believe since Ford sells so many trucks, and has a a lot variations to choose from, can get more for your money.

20180119_083315.jpg

2.7 ecoboost driving in town.

FJR Colorado

Explorer
That has to be one of the most biased &#8220;review&#8221; I've read yet. I like the part where you blasted those that gave positive reviews with stats to back it up, stamped it &#8220;fake news&#8221;, then went on an unsubstantiated rant, with an anecdotal story, to prove your point. Reminds me of someone.......

Look, I drive a new Tacoma. I've had multiple Toyota's and love them. But I give credit where it's due, (trying) not to be blinded by my own bias.

If you choose to be a Ford Fanboy, that is totally your right.

I can see that Ford Fanboys haven't changed much in the 50 years since I was in 8th grade.

Not sure why you would enter a Toyota forum section, enter a discussion about a forthcoming Toyota model only to brag about how great your Ford is.

Like I said, I've driven them. Plenty. Just not impressed one iota. And you could bore me to tears with towing data all day long. The people I know who have them have all kinds of trouble. That Ecoboost is a total POS based on the feedback of those whose opinions I trust.

I'm a self-proclaimed huge Toyota fan. I would find perusing a Ford section to make disparaging comments a big waste of my time...

bkg

Explorer

I can see that Ford Fanboys haven't changed much in the 50 years since I was in 8th grade.

Not sure why you would enter a Toyota forum section, enter a discussion about a forthcoming Toyota model only to brag about how great your Ford is.

Like I said, I've driven them. Plenty. Just not impressed one iota. And you could bore me to tears with towing data all day long. The people I know who have them have all kinds of trouble. That Ecoboost is a total POS based on the feedback of those whose opinions I trust.

I'm a self-proclaimed huge Toyota fan. I would find perusing a Ford section to make disparaging comments a big waste of my time...

Cmon... if you can’t have an objective conversation about a brand, then what is the point of even having a “Toyota section?” Or is it just a huge Toyota fan boy circle jerk?

D

Deleted member 9101

That Ecoboost is a total POS based on the feedback of those whose opinions I trust.

"Those you trust..." millions of Ecoboost owners disagree. More importantly millions of people who's businesses depend on them disagree. Rarely do I see a Tundra on a job site and hardly do I ever see them as a company vehicle.

I have owned a Tundra and replaced it with an F150... IMHO the F150 is a better truck. Rides better, quieter, smaller blind spots, pulls a heavy trailer with far less effort, accelerates faster, smoother brakes, better interior quality, won't rust, goes quite a bit further on a gallon of gas... all for thousands less than a Tundra. In fact, mine cost less than a comparably equipped Tacoma.

So, hate on Ford all you want... they sell 5+ F150's for every one Tundra that Toyota sells. I'm not saying the Tundra is a bad truck... but it is a decade behind the F150.

BTW: for less than 500.00 I can get 80+ hp and not impact driveability. a27aef2b4b99397e57a77492afa99a8e.jpg

phsycle

Adventurer

I don’t own a Ford. I own 2 Toyota’s, including a new Tacoma. But I am never blinded by my own bias towards a single brand to see the merits of a vehicle that is superior to another.

bkg

Explorer
I don't own a Ford. I own 2 Toyota's, including a new Tacoma. But I am never blinded by my own bias towards a single brand to see the merits of a vehicle that is superior to another.

and this is the part that entertains me the most... Toyota owners who can be objective being berated by Toyota owners who can't be objective. Never ceases to amaze me.

I own 3 Toyotas now. Have owned over 50. Have owned 4 Gen1 tundras and 4 gen 2 tundras. And now 0 tundras because Ford simply fits my needs better and I was highly disappointed in the quality of my 15 crew max... or should I say.. .my 07 crew max with new grill and less features for more money? LOL

Last edited:

phsycle

Adventurer
and this is the part that entertains me the most... Toyota owners who can be objective being berated by Toyota owners who can't be objective. Never ceases to amaze me.

I own 3 Toyotas now. Have owned over 50. Have owned 4 Gen1 tundras and 4 gen 4 tundras. And now 0 tundras because Ford simply fits my needs better and I was highly disappointed in the quality of my 15 crew max... or should I say.. .my 07 crew max with new grill and less features for more money? LOL

Ohhh, Gen 4 Tundra's. What are they like? Finally broken out of the teens in MPG or have a navi system that works? :sombrero: I have two friends who have the early 2nd Gen Tundra's. They never saw the need to "upgrade." It's the same truck with (like you said) new grill. I kind of feel like my Tacoma is the same scenario! Like an 05,but with a facelift and less fast. :elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz