Shipping a handgun to Alaska

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Has anyone shipped a handgun to Alaska ? I found this company that explains how to ship a handgun to Alaska without a FFL transfer. Unfortunately they can only recommend three FFL dealers Two in Great Falls,MT and one in Spokane,WA that they deal with. ON our way to Alaska , Helena,MT is the last city we hit before Canada. I called several FFL's in Helena ,MT and they were clueless about the process and were unable to comprehend the explanation even when reading the info on the website.

Short and sweet you can mail a handgun USPS priority mail C/O Joey Bag of Donuts Gun Shop yourself to C/O Joe **** the Ragman Gun Shop . Flate rate box cheap. You can personally ship via Fedex overnight to yourself C/O the FFL. The cost is about $200.00

Shipping home is not an issue .

http://www.wolfhawkshipping.com/home

Hi all,

My understanding is that you cannot ship firearms via the US Postal Service. You can ship them via United Parcel Service. I assume Fed Ex may be a possibility as well.

Good luck,

Alan

jpachard

Adventurer
If you have an address of someone in AK who can legally possess a sidearm then just ship it to yourself c/o them. You will need to send it via fedex or UPS overnight. If you send it to an ffl they legally have to sign it in and then sign it back out to you once you take possession upon your arrival. USPS only ships long guns, no pistols, though that might have changed recently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TripLeader

Explorer
This discussion made me curious. Here's the USPS webpage I found about shipping firearms:

http://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2011/pb22321/html/updt_001.htm

They way I understand, you can not ship a handgun via USPS unless it's going to a FFL, although it looks like there are is an exception for law enforcement purposes. You can ship an unloaded rifle or shotgun to yourself, c/o another person. You must use express mail, registered mail, or have the package insured.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I attached a link to how to legally ship handguns to and from Alaska. As well as an example.

TripLeader

Explorer
I attached a link to how to legally ship handguns to and from Alaska. As well as an example.

Oh, I get it now that you were giving out information.

For whatever reason, I had that you were inquiring about how to do it and asking about the link you posted.

My bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles