Standing Room Tents Family Cabin: It attaches to your 10' x 10' canopy

3KDV9OOl.jpg

Hey guys and gals, I got a new tent for the new year! I needed something big, sturdy, and comfortable, because my significant other doesn't like ruffing it too much. She tried backpacking me with and she didn't enjoy that very much. I was pretty comfy sleeping on Thermarest sleeping mats but she has back problems. I plan on taking this into the mountains for a snow camping trip. I have a Mr. Heater tent heater that I'll use, passing the gas line outside to a 5lbs propane tank. The roof has a hook that I'll hand a Deitz oil lantern on. I have a queen sized inflatable, plenty of room inside, but I prefer using 2 cots. I'll have a "entertainment" corner where I'll have 2 backpacking chairs and use the cooler as a table for playing cards.

So I choose this type of tent because of the easy set up. I had an Ozark Trails 10 by 10 canopy and all you have to do is "clip" it onto the frame. Now you have a really sturdy cabin style tent. I'm 6'1" and i can stand in all for corners. Tons of space inside, just a little under 10' x 10' and the roof at the highest point is 8.5'.

Specs:
Waterproof heavy duty 150d polyester
10' x 10' x 8.5'
tub styled floor, keep the mud and water out
2 sky lights
4 doors, convertible to screen doors
4 utility pouches
hook on the roof for a lantern
outlet for power cable or propane line

UFzh4i2l.jpg

MYBu51fl.jpg

8aeLXicl.jpg

LfkcxTJm.jpg

QVB9VEGl.jpg

Here's a video of the setup:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
My EZ-Up came with walls; works great. Had it in 55 mph winds around Christmas time.
The Walls velcro to the top and zip together around the perimeter. Then they velcro around the legs. One zippered door, no windows.

My EZ-Up came with walls; works great. Had it in 55 mph winds around Christmas time.
The Walls velcro to the top and zip together around the perimeter. Then they velcro around the legs. One zippered door, no windows.

I was thinking about that option too. I like the doors and the tub floor personally.

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Have a standing room tent (since I see this exact original post on several sites I suspect it may be intended as an advertisement).
Mine is NOT 10 x 10 it is closer to 9x9.
The wally mart "10 x 10" canopy that I use is closer to 9.5 x 9.5.
I got the more expensive heavier material 4 door model.
It is chinese (mostly acceptable) quality.
It may require modification/customization to fit a given canopy; I had to make side strap extensions; to get the doors to zip and unzip.
The canopy will give it a 2 layer roof (stands up to several inches of snow- likely canopy dependent).
The canopy is not included.
When guyed and staked it stands up to moderate wind just fine.
It is a bit a of a pain for one person to setup and break down.
the canopy is heavy and bulky to pack
I too have the canopy walls and would use them if winter camping or in a driving sideways rain.

In spite of the somewhat missing/misleading specifications and less than premium quality, I would likely purchase it again.
Camp LD 2017DSCF0282.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Toyman01

Adventurer
I have one as well. I'll second everything in the above post. It's gets the job done and being on the large side and 6'+, it's nice to be able to stand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles