Gordigear questions

Jeepvkk

I've been looking at getting my first RTT. After some research I'm starting to settle on Gordigear. What is mostly available at retailers here in the PNW seems to be Tepui and CVT.

The Gordi seems to distinguish itself in the following ways ( and there may be more, but these struck me as significant ):
1. The fabric is Polycotton like most, but instead of a coating seems to be impregnated with waterproofing. Does this mean that unlike coatings ( which seem to be on every other tent except Eazi-awn which is wax impregnated ), it is permanently waterproof? Is the breathability impacted in any way or different from those with coatings?
2. The mattress is much thicker than most - it's 80mm which is 3.1 inches. The Tepui and CVT have 2.5 inch mattresses for example.
3. There is a PVC skirt around the mattress to prevent moisture from the outside getting the mattress wet. I don't see any other manufacturer mentioning this.
4. Price seems very reasonable. It is a bit slightly more than Tepui, but equivalent to CVT and quite a bit cheaper than Howling moon and some other manufacturers.
5. Like the others it has options for awnings etc.

The American made ones seem very similar to each other but Gordigear seems to have some different well thought out features and makes me think it's the way to go.

Any opinions or feedback from any users out there?

Last edited:

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
I've got a Gordigear Taiga tent on my camper, and went up to Brisbane to pick it up and met Helmut then.

To me, the benefit was that Helmut spends time getting them designed so they work, and has used them himself (his old Troopy is in the middle of the warehouse unit) so knows what works and what doesn't work.

Unfortunately can't help any more than that...

Quality is great, and really easy to set up (in the case of our trailer tent)

dcg141

Adventurer
I have one with an annex. Had it going on 3 years. Had to repair the cover zipper but that's been the only issue so far. Its the only RTT I have ever owned so I really don't have anything to compare it too. It has been thru some pretty heavy rain storms and stayed dry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles