Kodiak truck bed tent on flatbed?

urbex

Observer
Supposed to be doing an over nighter tomorrow night, and was going to spend most of Saturday playing with the tent, or getting the camper on the truck....and then learned late this evening that I'll be working most of the day tomorrow, so I won't have much experimenting time.

So that said, I have a Kodiak truck bed tent, shortbed. The shortbed pickup is long gone, and I now have a long bed truck with a flatbed on it instead. Can the Kodiak go on a flatbed? I seem to recall the Kodiak used the bed sides on the pickup as part of the side walls of the tents, but it's been a few years since I've had it set up. I'm thinking I'm better off just loading up the camper, I just didn't really want to deal with it for one night.

screwball48

Explorer
Stop in your local Walmart and buy a cheap regular tent that fits the footprint of your flatbed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JDHFJ40

The only answer I have for you (probably late now) is No. I helped a guy set up a Kodiak in his truck bed about 2 months ago and it was a real PITA. The rail attached to the underside bed rail so I see no way that you could make it work, without major modifications, on a flat bed. Until I helped him set that thing up, I thought I would like to have one. after seeing the pain it was to set up and after seeing that his vehicle was stationary, due to the tent, the entire weekend.... The feeling has now passed. I think that is why you see RTTs on trailers more often than trucks now.

But to the OP, I don't think it would work.

urbex

Observer
I completely forgot about that bed rail, too. Turned out that I had a brand new 2 person ground tent that I also completely forgot about, lol. Found it a couple days ago while cleaning/organizing the storage room.

I ended up just loading up the camper. Thanks though!

jhop567

Apparently you can't build a box on a flatbed trailer and set the tent up. I guess I'll have to quit using mine that way...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles