Thread: Unimog SBU 435 cab lifter

Default Unimog SBU 435 cab lifter

Has anyone sourced parts and fabricated their own cab lifter, i.e non genuine. I am interested in sourcing an alternative ram and fabricating to suit. Particularly need to know the maximum distance between the lift points at full extension.
    Thanks
    Oldgrey52

When I get to my workshop later this week, I should dig up the lift cylinders I have. Been meaning to do that a couple years now...
    My cylinders & pump is part of BW toolkits. I dunno if its the same cylinder & pump as an optional mounted tilt system uses.
    I yet to tilt my cab & never messed with it.
    Fwiw,
    Its been said its cylinder is dual acting because a full tilt puts cabin over center and has to be pulled back before it can come down and uses a pilot checkvalve system so it needs to be pumped down regardless.

Thanks. Any information would be appreciated. I believe the genuine ram is 3 stage.

If you can do strong welds, a DIY screw jack could be worth looking into. It's something i will be making up soon, the appeal is the low cost, relatively light weight and simplicity, plus it's easy to store on board in case you need to raise the cab out bush for an emergency repair. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/unim...-lift-kit.html