Replacement headlights for 2002 Super Duty

Been through several WORTHLESS aftermarket headlight assemblies for our 2002 F350 Super Duty. The factory lenses were all fogged up and beyond repair.
So far everything we've tried either doesn't fit up properly, or has a horrible light pattern, or both.

Does anyone have any experience with something that works well?

Thanks all!!

F350joe

Been through several WORTHLESS aftermarket headlight assemblies for our 2002 F350 Super Duty. The factory lenses were all fogged up and beyond repair.
So far everything we've tried either doesn't fit up properly, or has a horrible light pattern, or both.

Does anyone have any experience with something that works well?

Thanks all!!

I have the same experience as you. I have heard you can go custom but have yet to look into it, seems expensive.

Wondering if the projector lights are any good?? Or just more mass produced junk.

@F350Joe, who makes customs? Any ideas? Headights are one thing I will spend money on if it's worth it. Ripping through the desert at night with crappy lights is no bueno.

Rakkasan3187

Hey guys. So I went through the same issue as y’all with my 2009 f250. I tried the HID kits in the factory headlights. They were bright, but the OEM reflector is not designed for them so the light dispersion was horrible. I also tried the LED buld replacement with the same if not worse results. I finally decided to bite the bullet and have my headlights retrofitted with the Morimoto M-Led projectors. There are many companies that do retrofits, but I ended up useing LightWerkz. Although there prices on retrofits are a little higher than others their attention to detail and customer service is worth it. Check them out. They are great to deal with and will help you with which retrofit kit best suits your needs.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
On my 2008 F250 I went with OEM replacement XLT headlight assemlies to replace my sealed beam garbage. They were Ebay chinese knockoffs. Then I used Sylvania's best halogen bulbs which we're ridiculously bright.

Putting HID or LED conversion kits in OEM housings is a terrible idea that should be illegal. Stick to OEM type stuff and halogens.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Wondering if the projector lights are any good?? Or just more mass produced junk.

@F350Joe, who makes customs? Any ideas? Headights are one thing I will spend money on if it's worth it. Ripping through the desert at night with crappy lights is no bueno.

Leave your headlights alone so you don't blind someone and end up in a head on collision.

Get a pair of FYRLYT's and a Randy Ellis light bar for offroad.

Leave your headlights alone so you don't blind someone and end up in a head on collision.

Get a pair of FYRLYT's and a Randy Ellis light bar for offroad.

Yep. Not trying to blind anybody, but I do need to see. The crappy units I just put on are so bad that I felt unsafe on the road. Big dark spots and no light on the shoulder of the road. My stockers were shot. Guess I’ll just have to get new oe lenses. Was just hoping somebody had come up with an improved setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rakkasan3187

Stay away from the recon aftermarket headlights that have the projectors. Those projectors are crap. Retrofitting the OEM headlights is the way to go and can be done yourself if you have time.

Rakkasan3187

Here is one of my OEM headlights retrofitted with the Morimoto M-Led projectors.
nuMzhzB.png

Rakkasan3187

And here is a picture of the low beam output you can expect from the M-Led projector. HID retrofit projectors like the Morimoto D2S 4.0 and the G5R are also a great way to go if you want HID.
dhT6SHq.png

Thanks for all the info guys. Will definitely check out the retrofit. So much garbage on the internet, and replacing everything with OE is expensive and no improvement.

I have a set of Anzo one piece assemblies but they are going back. I have an aftermarket OE configuration coming. Will try them with good bulbs. They're pretty cheap so no loss if they suck.

After looking around at LightWerkz I'm kind of leaning toward buying a cheap set of projector housings and swapping in a good set of projectors and then sealing them back up real well and swapping my factory adjusters over. Waiting to hear back from LightWerks on what they think.

RPhil

Adventurer
What is the ballpark cost on a good retrofit from a reputable company? I got knockoffs on eBay, brand is Eagle Eye. They work well considering the cost. If you go this route, be sure to run some black silicone around the edges as moisture will get in otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne