Storage for 89 Raider

• Thread starter Deleted member 144409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 144409

Howdy Experts,

I'm going to build storage for my 89 Raider. I want it to be somewhat modular and, for the winter, that will include a cubby over the axle so the bodies I'm using for traction weight don't slide around. Um, I mean sandbags. There's no bodies. In the truck...

I put nice new carpet in and would rather not squash it. I'm considering using C-channel to raise the storage setup. Doesn't have to be a lot of lift. The seats have been permanently removed so I have every bolt hole in the cargo area available.

Thoughts? Pics?

Thanks!

David

Won't there be at least one body in the driver seat?

I've never a had any problems with snow in my 89. In my case; good tires, staying off the brake and keeping the speed under control have worked without the need to add any weight.

last winter in my gen 1 i drove from portland Or to reno nv then to bishop ca, b4 i saw black pavement. with a small trailer in tow.
montee are the shizzle in the snow.

funny story.
Dark, south of lakeview on white pavement headed north this time, i skidded, barely, to a stop, as the lead cow from the ranchers pasture had just breached the gate and was at full canter down the road to the neighbors driveway; a skinny two track driveway a quarter mile long with fence both sides. i counted, in my headlights 227 cows follow that first cow.
was that neighbor mad or what?
all them cows in his drive and front lawn.
he came screaming acrost his field on a quad blowing snow an swear words everywhere.
all i could do was shrug and warn following motorists with a flare to slow down as to not hit me or a cow

even then my montee did just fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier