ASPW Rolex & Range Rover

DiscoDavis

Explorer
I keep coming back to his videos not just for production quality and his detail (amazing library of old photographs he scans to illustrate stories with), but for his openness in talking about himself.

Liked especially his little story on his watch, and the admission of how he behaved at the time (wouldn't we all do something like this).

NYCRover

Observer
100% how I feel about my Rolex Sea Dweller. It's a tool that will last a lifetime (and beyond) and it will always be special as it was my first major purchase when starting my career. Furthermore, Rolex Subs/Dwellers develop a beautiful patina over time, that provides an individuality that lets you know where the watch has been (kind of like Defenders).

Some of my friends think I'm nuts for spending that much money on something that tells time, but I just can't explain how this stupid thing on my wrist makes me feel every day. Do what makes you happy- life is short.

JackW

Explorer
I've played the obnoxious Rolex owner as well - I am the current caretaker of my grandfather's 1954 Rolex Turn-O-Graph (predecessor to the Rolex Submariner).
I was 18 when I snagged it from my father's dresser because he wasn't wearing it - with his permission of course. That was 48 years ago.

Attachments

• watch2.jpg
    watch2.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 22

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
750013BA-73BC-4D91-8B04-CAFF2528B2F0.jpg
I have my dads Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust for sale if anyone is looking to buy...

Last edited:

Mako1114

Adventurer
100% how I feel about my Rolex Sea Dweller. It's a tool that will last a lifetime (and beyond) and it will always be special as it was my first major purchase when starting my career. Furthermore, Rolex Subs/Dwellers develop a beautiful patina over time, that provides an individuality that lets you know where the watch has been (kind of like Defenders).

Some of my friends think I'm nuts for spending that much money on something that tells time, but I just can't explain how this stupid thing on my wrist makes me feel every day. Do what makes you happy- life is short.

I've only had my Sea Dweller for a couple of years and being that it was a gift from my wife makes a great watch even more special. I plan on leaving it to my son someday.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke