Does anyone know of any campers out there for a U1300L?

chickadee

Adventurer
Hi

We had a nice chat with Alaskan campers whose flat bottomed design would fit in with what our plans were apart from maybe fitting a shower. But was still something we were keen on, and we could put quite a lot of storage continuously separately underneath the camper.

Or http://www.unimogs.co.uk/our-stock/spares/rear-bodies/demountable-insulated-camper-body-rb0128

grisslyj,

We have considered that as well. Still trying to sort out all of our options. Thank you.

chickadee

Adventurer
Michael,

Andreas had told me that your panels were shipping. I'm excited to see how your build goes.

Thank you for sharing.

-LeeWhay

chickadee

Adventurer
Hi, LeeWhay, There is a fellow that has been trying to sell a home-built camper on the Reno Craigslist that might adapt to your rig. The camper is clad in aluminum diamond plate, insulated and the interior is beautiful. It's made to fit in a pickup but with some added side boxes,might fit your Mog well. You would prolly have to fabricate a sub frame for three point connection. I will check for the add and if I find it, email you the link. We are still in Baja but will be back in Reno mid April and could help you with your project then. We sure enjoyed camping with you guys on Christmas Day, at AV. Sorry the current plan didn't work out.

Thank you. I will search Craigslist and see what I can find. Hopefully our paths cross again. We enjoyed spending time with you as well...
Enjoy the warmth down there, it's in the single digits in MT the last few days.
-LeeWhay

ekibike

Have you considered an S-280 Shelter?

We've got an S-280 military shelter that we plan to convert to a camper. Might be a cheap way for you to get something sorted, if you're willing to do the build out (and repair random issues that come with government liquidation stuff). Or you could go the refurbished route: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Refurbished-Military-S-280-C-G-Shelter-tool-crib-work-shop-storage-shed-/151899382868?hash=item235de8a454

P.S. We met at Rob's place in La Junta when we were there checking out our 1017. I (Zach) was there with my wife Robin. Sorry to hear things aren't working out as planned.

chickadee

Adventurer
We've got an S-280 military shelter that we plan to convert to a camper. Might be a cheap way for you to get something sorted, if you're willing to do the build out (and repair random issues that come with government liquidation stuff). Or you could go the refurbished route: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Refurbished-Military-S-280-C-G-Shelter-tool-crib-work-shop-storage-shed-/151899382868?hash=item235de8a454

P.S. We met at Rob's place in La Junta when we were there checking out our 1017. I (Zach) was there with my wife Robin. Sorry to hear things aren't working out as planned.

Zach, we have looked at the S-280 military shelters, but wanted something a bit shorter. Are you guys going to document your camper build? I would love to see how it progresses.
-LeeWhay

chickadee

Adventurer
Hi

We had a nice chat with Alaskan campers whose flat bottomed design would fit in with what our plans were apart from maybe fitting a shower. But was still something we were keen on, and we could put quite a lot of storage continuously separately underneath the camper.

Or http://www.unimogs.co.uk/our-stock/spares/rear-bodies/demountable-insulated-camper-body-rb0128

View attachment 434960

We just stopped at Alaskan Campers today and chatted with Bryan about a custom 11', flatbed, non-cabover possibility. We also have been talking to Ryan from Bahn Camperworks about a custom camper build. Time will tell...

Thank you for your thoughts.
-LeeWhay

ekibike

Hi Leewhay,

We're moving pretty slowly, but when we do work we post it on Instragram @selwyndoeslunch. So far we've installed new windows where the A/C units used to be, a Maxxfan, running/clearance lights, and ripped out the old cabinets etc.. We also built a temporary bed and counter for a road trip out to Sedona over winter break, but those are pretty basic.

We've considered going the Alaskan camper flatbed route too. Would love to hear more about your thoughts on those. What was the price range?

-Zach

snowcat

Check your email

Hi, You Guys, Please check your emails, people have been writing you and getting no response. Thanks.

chickadee

Adventurer
Hi, You Guys, Please check your emails, people have been writing you and getting no response. Thanks.

We sent you an e-mail this morning. We haven't received any e-mails from other parties. We checked our junk boxes as well.
-LeeWhay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles