Proud Rhino Bumper LR3 Review

Quick question. I just received my bumper today. No mounting hardware and no swivel recovery points were included. I have emailed lucky8, so I hope to hear back in the morning. Did you guys get any mounting hardware? I know they will send the swivel recovery points. Also, was there any instructions included? I also purchased their sliders. The bolt washers seem a little small and, once again, not installation instructions. Starting to really question my choice. Detail like this make me question their quality control....

I still do not have my recovery points, they should be here this week, I’ll keep you posted.

Also, you don’t need any mounting hardware, you will just re-use the 8 factory bumper bolts. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, and I can get on a call to walk you through the install. Taking the old stuff off was much more difficult than than installing the new bumper.

SAR-JKU

I finally got around to installing the bumper. I might pull it off to allow cleaner routing of the winch wires. Also, the SuperWinch EXP clutch handle is hard to rotate. Bumper is nice and looks great. Happy with it. I plan to add a skid next.

Attachments

• 914B9216-A638-4187-9822-6912CFBD3355.jpeg
    914B9216-A638-4187-9822-6912CFBD3355.jpeg
    914.2 KB · Views: 144

vegaexpedition

i am installing on an LR4 and am having some clearance issues with the solenoid. With the winch installed and the solenoid on top, it will interfere with a cross member in front of the radiator. what options did the group here use? I can either cut the cross member, or mount the solenoid on the side of the winch and make an extension that goes to the front of the bumper with a panel mount connector.

Last edited:

vegaexpedition

i am installing on an LR4 and am having some clearance issues with the solenoid. With the winch installed and the solenoid on top, it will interfere with a cross member in front of the radiator. what options did the group here use? I can either cut the cross member, or mount the solenoid on the side of the winch and make an extension that goes to the front of the bumper with a panel mount connector.
In case anyone is interested, I ended up cutting a slot in the front bumperish metal (aluminum) to make room for the winch solenoid. Seems to work. The cut is centered for the solenoid and has more on the left side to allow room for your hand to plug in the controller.

Attachments

• C75762C8-FD50-4213-8CA9-1553F8E0B550.jpeg
    C75762C8-FD50-4213-8CA9-1553F8E0B550.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 39

OregonGX

Looks fantastic! What main driving lights are you running and do you like them?

Also, did you find an easy tap for your dashcam?

Looks fantastic! What main driving lights are you running and do you like them?

Also, did you find an easy tap for your dashcam?
Tapped into the the ignition running front and rear dash cam. Also the lights are Baja Squadron lights in the bumper, ARB 21F LED, headlights are OEM with the orange delete.

Attachments

• AAF86BA0-902E-410B-8F33-AB17EF2173B2.jpeg
    AAF86BA0-902E-410B-8F33-AB17EF2173B2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 37
Looks great; curious to hear about the dash cams and more details please!

ON the bumper note; can you remove the grill and more importantly the headlights without removing the bumper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke