Proud Rhino Bumper LR3 Review

Anyone with the Proud Rhino bumper? Looking at a new bumper would like to get opinion and pics. I have found ARB, and TR reviews here. No Proud Rhino ones specifically.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rlynch356

Defyota
I have one.. what specifically do you want to know? - i can also shoot pictures if you tell me what you want.

Cutting the frame = Yes (A lot)
Front valve block placement is beside the winch inside the bumper
Winch access is good and you can see the spool.
Seems well made, the welds are not as good as my tactical Rovers Rear bumper.
I have a Warn 10-S, F55 1.5 Hawse, and a terrafirm Alum skid plate i think it looks great.

I bought it built so did not fit it myself.

2e7690a010823a7de372cb624eb6640e.jpg

Looks great!

I was wondering what it looks like from the side or back/underside behind the bumper, and how much of the frame and other bits you can see?

Could you please shoot a couple of side pics?

Also, you said "cut the frame" Did you have to modify the frame or just the fenders?

Thanks,

Cut the frame? Yikes. I asked L8 for a PDF of the installation manual a while back and they said there wasn't one, but that it was "pretty easy".

Now a CFE bumper review, that is what I'd like to see.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
I do not see where you cut the frame. Trim the body and the fender yes, but that bumper should just bolt on to the existing 6 holes in the frame.

rlynch356

Defyota
i could be wrong - on that.. i did not install it..bought this one built up.. what i was thinking were the frame L&R had to be cut. I.e. (Picture #3) where the front valve block mounts normally.. i thought that was mounted to metal but honestly never replaced it in my other LR3's ........be happy to be wrong. Dunno ..

I do not see where you cut the frame. Trim the body and the fender yes, but that bumper should just bolt on to the existing 6 holes in the frame.

Yeah I'm not seeing it either! I'm curious to know where the valve block and washer bottle modification fits in. I wonder if it has any interference at the front cross member and radiator support frame????

Yeah I'm not seeing it either! I'm curious to know where the valve block and washer bottle modification fits in. I wonder if it has any interference near the winch at the front cross member and radiator support frame????

rlynch356

Defyota
I could be wrong but i thought you had to cut the frame horns shorter (the open rectangle by the skid plate).... nice if thats not true.

I did not install the kit on the LR3 - bought it this way ....you are probably right that the fame does not have to be cut.

NASDIESEL

I don't see any changes to the underlying frame. Lower rad crossmember looks stock, appears to bolt directly to the crash bumper mounts. Curious how you access the inside bolts of the bumper mount. Looks TIGHT.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
I could be wrong but i thought you had to cut the frame horns shorter (the open rectangle by the skid plate).... nice if thats not true.

I did not install the kit on the LR3 - bought it this way ....you are probably right that the fame does not have to be cut.

That is not the frame horn(s). The frame horns are located further back, close to the rear of each front wheel/tire. They prevent cabin intrusion in case of accident debris. They are trimmed or removed for the purposes of fitting larger tires.

4014-a65d4c72721b31897562021c9aa4695f.jpg

The open rectangle by skid plate for lack of a better word is just a front frame cross member. FYI for anyone interested. Trimming for bumper install is likely the same idea as ARB, TR, L8 etc. Some plastic fender and body metal behind is cut typically.

krick3tt

Adventurer
There was no frame cutting for my ARB bumper install. Did cut the plastic liner in front of the tire on the side of the washer tank was a bit more involved.
I really don't think I would purchase anything that says 'bolt on' that involves cutting the frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles