Chainsaw holder for truck bed

Explorerinil

Observer
Anyone got a simple way to hold two chainsaws securely in a truck bed? I got a topper and usually carry a saw or two and I’m sick of them sliding around, surely someone on here carry’s a saw and has built something.

MR. ED

Observer
I just drilled a couple small holes through the downside crimp of the inside of the bed and ran some baling wire. Twist around chain brake. Super simple.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
The Byte Tyte looks nice. Here is another question for you gentlemen...I don't pack a saw (in fact have never owned one), but would like to buy one if I can figure out a way to mount it to the bottom of my roof rack and secure it. If one were to install the Byte Tyte under a roof rack and let the body of the saw hang out unsupported (probably toward the front of the vehicle), do you think the weight of that engine would cause damage to the bar while bouncing around on logging roads? Is there any problem to hauling a saw with the engine sideways?

Thanks.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I think the toolbox idea is best since you always need additional items with a chainsaw - tensioning tool, fuel, oil, spare chain, gloves, face & ear protection, etc. Having them all in the same box also makes it more likely you'll use them since you need to move them to access the saw.

rayra

Expedition Leader
I've seen some interesting scabbard solutions on ATVs and tractor fenders. Something like that coul dbe rigged in your vehicle. Think of it as a knife block for chainsaws. Get some angle on it and all you'd have to do is shove the bar in.
saw a firewood harvester in the national forest in a beat up pickup that clipped his chainsaw to the inner side of a stakebed using a couple carabiners. It hung from teh inside of the stakebed by the tailgate.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I carry mine in the Stihl hard case, this keeps it from being banged around and contains any bar oil or fuel that might leak out of the saw. My local Polaris dealer sells a mount that allows the saw to mount bar down alongside a bed rail, pretty neat idea, but I don't like the saw exposed while traveling. I do like the idea of the absorption material under the saw in that Zia product, great idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles