2017 Titan - Non XD Axle Specs/Parts

Nomad_K

Adventurer
Hello everyone, I am looking at a new build and am considering a 2017 or 2018 non-XD Titan. I understand that Gen1 Titan shocks and control arms bolt onto the new 2017 (non-XD) which is a plus since there are some great shocks and mid-travel kits out there.

Now I am trying to get a little more information about the rear axle and the front differential. Does anyone here know what axles are under the non-XD 2017 Titan?

Here is a little background info fwiw. While FourWheeler mag said that the non-XD and XD might share the new AAM 250 rear axle and AAM 235 differential up front, that didn' look to be the case when I went for a test drive. I looked underneath an XD and non-XD after driving both and the non-XD had a 12 bolt differential cover whereas the XD had 14 bolts and a different shape to the housing. Neither the salesman, the sales manager, or the technician they spoke to (not a lead tech or service manager) had any info on the differentials and after two follow-up calls with no answer I thought I would ask the experts here on Expo :) .

Thestronk

Any reason why you are avoiding the XD? Little off topic but just curious. Good luck getting useful tech from a dealership btw. They suck.

Nomad_K

Adventurer
Any reason why you are avoiding the XD? Little off topic but just curious. Good luck getting useful tech from a dealership btw. They suck.

I would love to try an XD Diesel if they had a short-bed crew cab option. It will not come close to fitting in my garage and even hangs out past my driveway. Yes, my driveway is short :).

You might spend a little time over on titantalk.com looking for those specifics.

Thank you Triplesnake, is there anyone in particular that you would try to ask there? I looked at titantalk before posting here and only found one thread about the non-XD axles. A few people thought it was an AAM, one person mentioned the FourWheeler article I referenced, but no on had an actual AAM model designation or even mentioned the different bolt patterns on the axle cover, hence coming over here to Expo.

For reference for anyone else, here is the titantalk thread.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/2016-titan-general-forum/383961-axle-vent-mod-already-2017s.html

Triplesnake

Adventurer
Thank you Triplesnake, is there anyone in particular that you would try to ask there? I looked at titantalk before posting here and only found one thread about the non-XD axles. A few people thought it was an AAM, one person mentioned the FourWheeler article I referenced, but no on had an actual AAM model designation or even mentioned the different bolt patterns on the axle cover, hence coming over here to Expo.

For reference for anyone else, here is the titantalk thread.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/2016-titan-general-forum/383961-axle-vent-mod-already-2017s.html

No specific direction to give you over on titantalk, I just figured that if you searched around over there you were more likely to come up with the answer vs here on expo. Good luck in your search.

broncobowsher

Adventurer
The front is an AAM 210, different than the XD and different from the old Dana M205.
The rear is also different than the XD, I forget what that one is.
And the diffs are not interchangeable between XD and non-XD, the frame mounts are different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier