SOLOSHOT3

bluejeep

just a guy
https://soloshot.com/

Expensive, but good photography usually is. Many online reviews about the loooong wait for the product, and questionable customer service explanations / responses.

But more good reviews on the more recent purchases and newer revision (SoloShot 3).

Some of the reviews discount the unit's ability to track 100% at less than 10' and moving quickly, but for offroading, quickly might still mean only walking speed so may not be an issue.

Has anybody got any experience with the SOLOSHOT3?

bluejeep

just a guy
Received an email that these were on sale over the weekend - so one is on its way to my house. Should be fun to do some testing

Spoony

My dog and I compete in Dog Agility, Soloshots are very popular among competitors. Many patiently waited for the Soloshot3 and now have them. Tracking a handler/dog is no doubt more demanding than a 4x4 but many are disappointed. I've personally used the one we have a club a number of times, and to honest I don't bother much now. It's faster to get my drone (DJI Spark) fired up and in the air than it is to get the Soloshot3 running, Spark video quality is far superior also (just pity some dogs don't like it so can't do that all the time). Obviously a different view but it's visual tracking at times does a better than the Soloshot3, which can work OK but seems not uncommon to off set track or loose the plot. The video quality, pretty average for something with a lens and body so substantial, photography is an interest of mine and it's quite disappointing in comparison to most devices unless your comparing it to an entry level phone camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles