TheSkiingRAM Build Thread

TheSkiingJeep

The new build I'm working on is a 2018 RAM 2500 Power Wagon.
You can find the most up to date news on the build at Instagram.com/TheSkiingRAM
Here's some photos of the truck stock:

ct8Lnno.jpg

4yccDDT.jpg

bbdfqM5.jpg

I've got a ton planned for this build! Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

TheSkiingJeep

Modifications:
Suntek Ultra Paint Protection Film
CompuStar Security System/Remote Monitoring
Avery Metallic Glossy Black Vinyl Wrap
Hardwired Vico Opia2 Dash Cam
Husky X-Act Floor Liners

(List may not be up to date. I tend to neglect forums. Sorry)

Last edited:

TheSkiingJeep

Well I forgot about the forums for about a month. So the build was officially announced about a month or so ago. On top of that I already have several sponsors onboard for the build and a healthy about of content.

Anyways, the post has been updated for reveal of the build. New Instagram URL is www.instagram.com/TheSkiingRam

The build can be found @TheSkiingRAM

Dalko43

Explorer
These platforms have been so underappreciated as overland rigs, IMO. I'm glad to see more people building them up for adventure and exploration. The PW especially. People spend $10k turning a stock Tundra or 4runner into an overland rig. They're great trucks, but for the economy and MSRP's associated with them, you might as well just get a PW that is pretty much overland-ready off the dealership floor.

Looking forward to the thread!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
These platforms have been so underappreciated as overland rigs, IMO. I'm glad to see more people building them up for adventure and exploration. The PW especially. People spend $10k turning a stock Tundra or 4runner into an overland rig. They're great trucks, but for the economy and MSRP's associated with them, you might as well just get a PW that is pretty much overland-ready off the dealership floor.

Looking forward to the thread!

This is exactly why we chose the PW as our second vehicle recently. In order to add a front locker (assuming it already had a rear locker), lower gears, a winch/mount/bumper, 2" lift, off-road worthy tires, and some sort of equivalent disconnecting sway bar system, you would have to spend thousands on any vehicle. We have simply become accustom to the interior space, power, and overall size and capability of a 3/4-ton truck and it would have been difficult to accept less. They may be under appreciated, but they are a also exceptionally rare/uncommon as well, which makes them even more difficult to come by.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles