Tuff Truck Bag - Open Pick Up Bed Weatherproof Storage Bag

Hazeman

I just recently bought a new 18 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z-71 and had a new ARE CX HD camper shell on order... but a quick 600 mile roadtrip came up before the topper came in. I was looking for a way to keep the luggage safe from the elements and out of sight when I came across the Tuff Truck Bag. I had noticed them before and thought it looked kinda cheesy but it was the best solution I could find on short notice.

After getting back from the trip I was impressed enough that I left a rare-for-me Amazon review and thought I'd share the info on here as well.

I still think it looks kinda cheesy, at least in my little truck bed, but it did do the job flawlessly. For around $160, it was a cheap enough solution for my needs and held luggage for 3 (including my girlfriend and her 13 year old daughter both of which pack like their never coming home again). We had 3 full size suitcases, another large bag, plus enough shoes and boots for for 4 more ladies at once. We still had enough room left for another full size suitcase without even starting to stack to make a 2nd level.

We did not hit rain or snow but had 80mph interstate speed and 25mph+ winds along the trip from OK to KC. It's sealed with a good HD zipper and a good big flap extending over it. The material is a bit like a heaver woven dry bag material and well sealed so I don't doubt the weather protection that others have bragged on in reviews
I don't have any relation at all with the company but if lack of storage like this is slowing you down from making a trip, don't let it. Grab one of these and go.

Assuming my pic attachment works, you'll notice I had to get creative with the included bungees to snug it in my truck bed but worked just great. If it was a full size truck or had higher anchor points, it would have stood up more square.
truckbag2.jpg

My topper is installed now so I won't need this bag for that truck but I'm saving it to loan out or in case of future needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles