2012 GMC Flatbed build

goddi69

Starting a new Flatbed build. I originally had a 2007 jk unlimited and built a offroad camper for it. That served me well but in all honesty I hate trailers. So I I found a 2012 GMC 2500 hd and am just starting out a build for it. I like the looks of such expedition trucks as VMI offroad. Well here it goes

Last edited:

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Did you build the bed?

Looks like a great start, what are the rest of the specs on the truck?

Jack

goddi69

yes I built the flatbed, just not sure if I went wide enough. I kept it same width as cab to cut down on the drag somewhat I guess. now im not sure once I add the rest of camper on top if the frame will be resting to close to the tires. May have to build another or add some body lift pucks on the frameKIMG0016.jpgKIMG0059.jpgKIMG0061.jpgKIMG0207.jpg

fitt

Put a 2" lift on the truck, would solve tire clearance problems and look great also! Will be following this build!!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I have to say that that truck looks really cool. I look forward to seeing more detailed pics of that flatbed. Always good to have some inspiration to future builds. Cheers, chilli...:)

goddi69

Which way to flip?

Starting the rest of the frame. I plan on putting sleep quarters on top of tool boxes toward cab. I also want to flip up the roof like a wesfalia. Which way should I have it flip up toward cab or toward back of truckKIMG0299.jpg

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
I’d flip it up at the back so you have space to stand near the door for putting on boots and jackets and stuff, as well as, not having to crouch as you go in and out.

goddi69

Little bit of paint

Primed and painted getting the boot from my boss out the shop so I will continue at home just have to mount and on to the rest

Attachments

• KIMG0303.jpg
    KIMG0303.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 131
  • KIMG0302.jpg
    KIMG0302.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 136

goddi69

Also with the racks I made up top it now howls in the wind if I make a race type angled fairing/ screen thingamoby will it cut down on the noise

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier