Sam's Club Pelican Look Alikes

krick3tt

Adventurer
From China, of course. Unless you are a member, the entrance fee will put the price up there with the real ones.

shifty98

Observer
Already a member so that is nice, especially buying for long trips. I figure they are a little more robust than my action packers and a little cheaper. Having wheels is also a nice bonus.

rayra

Expedition Leader
That is a pretty big case for the money.

Sam's also does a 'day pass' for non-members. Go into the member services counter to get it, then you show and pay the small premium. Would still be a very good deal, from the looks of it. 'extra' $3? piffle.

shifty98

Observer
Yeah, its not bad, only thing is its only IP55 proof. I think I'll probably put my recovery gear in it and put it on the roof rack. It is not quite as good as my Pelican but it's quite a deal.

shifty98

Observer
It looks like the wheels protrude below the bottom of the case. Will it lay flat?

Not quite, the wheels stick out about a quarter inch. It does not move around when you have it open or laid down. I don't really foresee it being an issue because I don't see myself using it on something totally flat. I guess that's one of those little things that make the Pelicans more expensive.

What are you guys using these for?
I Didn't see a big reason to swap from my plano's to these, so i just put all my camera gear into them.

shifty98

Observer
Currently, I am keeping one with all my bare bones camping and outdoors gear in it, basically essentials whether it be a hour long trip or a week long that I would want with me. This is like my water filtration, backpacking stove, clif bars, ramen, hathcet, paracord, knife, first aid etc. The other one is home to recovery gear right now. That may change though because I'm not sure I will want to put a bunch of muddy straps etc back into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles