Finally part of the crowd

AntAdventureson

They also call them eraser wheels. They are hands down the best option. At work I would turn down the arbor so I could stick it in a right angle die grinder. Pop a regulator inline on the air hose and go to town.

rossiter78

Observer
Sweet! Today I finished the bed platform. Most of the designs I saw from other places showed a folding platform that had feet come down. I decided to make a single large platform and suspend from the ceiling. This opens the floor up so that gear can slide in and out even while the platform is down. Then it can raise up and be pinned to the wall. The back cushion for the passengers (in the event that you need seating) uses that hook and loop (sorta like velcro) material anyway. So, I snagged some more of that so that now it back cushion can be attached to the bed platform when folded up!
IMG_3355.jpg

rossiter78

Observer
In my final solution I will use different straps so that there isn't cold hard metal so close to my calm sleeping warm body :) I couldn't find my rafting bag this evening so I just grabbed those to test it out.

rossiter78

Observer
Dude! The eraser wheel worked great!

In these pictures you can see the gummy stuff left behind after using a heat gun and putty knife. The areas that look totally clean used the whizzy wheel.

I used Goo Off on one section too and did was still a huge mess. The Whizzy Wheel cleaned that up nicely too.

I did go through about 80% of it for maybe 25% of the work though. I just ordered another kind that was about half the cost ($10 instead of $20 on Amazon) to compare. Even at $20 I think it is money well spent. A quick search for brick and mortar places showed that these places are selling them for up to $50 ea so Amazon seems to be the way to go.

I also noticed that the county letters came off WAY more easily than the 'AMBULANCE' letters. They were clearly made out of a different material.

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
The Graphics shop that did our wrap used a heat gun to soften the glue and solvent to dissolve the glue and clean up once they got it coming up. They even used a propane torch... but advised to do so very carefully so as to not overheat anything.

Whizzy wheels do work great... but if the entire surface was wrapped, you'd wear out your drill before you were done.

From experience, I know age and exposure to sun also impact how easily they come off.

Deshet

Adventurer
What is the interior height of your Ambulance? I have been trying to find a medium duty box for my LMTV.

I saw this the other day....diy toterhome from a medium duty c4500

Attachments

• 00R0R_g8IFNoZTrZb_600x450.jpg
    00R0R_g8IFNoZTrZb_600x450.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 18

cjken

Explorer
I’m excited to see how the c4500 platform works for you.
I’m interest in doing something similar down the road.
Maybe finding a 4x4 cab and chassis then mounting a 145” module.
I kind of like the idea of keeping the wheelbase reasonable. However a crew cab with a short module could be pretty sweet.

rossiter78

Observer
The interior height is maybe 6'1" as long as you are beside the two metal grab bars. I'm 5'11" and can stand with what feels like 2" to spare.

And yes, I wish I had a crew cab. That's one think I really wish I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior