2001 Toyota Land Cruiser SOLD SOLD SOLD

RGRMIKE

SOLD SOLD SOLD

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 V8
Current Mileage is 176,000

This is a 2 owner Land Cruiser. I purchased the vehicle in October 2016 with 157,853 miles on it from the original owner. From 2001 until now it has been garage kept. Upon purchase I put in a new battery, wipers, headlights, weather tech floor liners and hood props. I've also had a new cat back factory muffler and exhaust installed. Approx 2,500 miles ago I put brand new Toyo Open Country A/T tires and a full size spare. Also it has a brand new windshield.

The truck is in VERY good condition for a vehicle it's age and mileage. The chassis and body are super clean and solid. This truck has spent it's life in Colorado so it has virtually no rust. For a 2001 the truck is in excellent condition and people constantly question me when I say it's a 2001.

This has been our family vehicle and we've had zero issues with it. Every button in the vehicle works as it should. The only thing that needs attention is theres a crack in the driver side mirror. It's in the corner so it doesn't bother me and I just haven't gotten around to fixing it. The seats have no rips or tears. The vehicle has exclusively been serviced at Toyota. I have a folder of service records. I wouldn't hesitate to drive the truck to Alaska tomorrow. It's truly a nice truck.
Originally I was going to drive this vehicle to 300,000 plus miles. However a job change is forcing me to purchase a commuter car. Otherwise I would keep it until the wheels fell off.

CASH ONLY, Buyer must pick-up. Firm on Price.

Attachments

• IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1258.jpg
    IMG_1258.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    501.7 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

soundpony

Adventurer
Hi,

Nice and very interested. Is that the two tone grey or tan interior? Sometimes hard to tell in pics.

Thanks

CW

RGRMIKE

CW,
The interior is tan. We did have car seats in the back so as of yesterday there's some indentations in the rear seats but I think they'll kinda go away if that makes sense. There's no rips or tears in the leather. The 3rd row seats are also in great shape. When I purchased the truck I was literally blown away at how clean the interior was. I think the seller had it detailed but he was a very well off guy and I could just tell he had taken really good care of it. My wife and I used it for a family car so theres some small marks and it's not a perfect interior but it is very clean IMHO. Let me know if you have any other questions.

RGRMIKE

Oh and I know I mentioned the cracked driver side mirror in the post but I'll send pictures if anyone wants them. When I took the truck in to get new exhaust I thought there was a small exhaust leak around the exhaust manifold. I had the guy look at it and he said we could fix it but it was so small he was having trouble finding it. I was concerned but he informed me it would probably cost $260ish to fix and we should just wait until it gets worse. I would want to know if I was purchasing but I doubt a lot of people would even notice. The guy I bought it from lived close to Boulder, CO so he's in an emissions area and it always passed without issue. It shouldn't be a problem but I would get it fixed in the future. Lastly at 160K I but new rotors, calipers, and pads on the front. The brakes are great.

Last edited:

bodynmotion

Adventurer
Man, where were you before I bought my 2006 DC limited? I am thinking of putting my truck up for sale if you still have it, might be interested!

RGRMIKE

Man, where were you before I bought my 2006 DC limited? I am thinking of putting my truck up for sale if you still have it, might be interested!

I still have the truck. I think I'm showing it this afternoon. I had a new windshield put in last Monday and put on new lug nut covers. It's just sitting in the garage ready to go. If you shoot me your number I'll send you more pictures if you'd like. My number is (513)508-8300. I have a 2005 DC SR5. I've had it since 2010. Its been a great truck. Now that I've had both I can tell you that the LC is FAR SUPERIOR in bad weather. My LC is the best thing I've ever driven in the snow. Previously we had a 2013 AWD Honda Pilot and the LC is a lot better. I've taken both (Tundra and LC) on some very mild but very steep dirt roads and things like that and the LC just crawls up without any effort. The DC Tundra's could use a rear locker. I've been throwing around the idea of purchasing my wife a new Tundra but the lack of factory locker just kills it for me.

f1scher81

Outside of the brake service, can you comment on the large milestone services? Also, is this the stock HU?

Looks fantastic!

RGRMIKE

Outside of the brake service, can you comment on the large milestone services? Also, is this the stock HU?

Looks fantastic!

The last major service it had was at 155K January 2016. Fuel filter replaced, fuel pump replaced, tank removed, cleaned inside of tank etc. Total cost of repair was $740. Since then I've just had the oil changed at Toyota every 3-5K miles. New Tires Toyo AT's 285/75R16. Battery replaced, wipers and rear brakes.

I'm not sure what you mean by HU? The truck is 100% stock other than tire size, and running boards removed.

I'm going to be leaving for an out of the country trip in a couple of weeks. While I'm gone my wife will be putting miles on the vehicle. I'll change the timing belt at 180-190K and probably put it back for sale when I get home. As long as it's posted it's for sale.

RGRMIKE

Looks fantastic!

145K miles January 2014

Both Front Axles replaced
Replaced Radiator Hoses
Replaced various heater hoses

Total service Cost $1,465.06

RGRMIKE

Just washed and Waxed. Shoot me an offer. I'm headed out of town for business in about 10 days so it'll be off the market for a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles