SW Idaho Adventures

ghcoe

Adventurer
This thread is to post up SW Idaho Adventures! Be sure to scroll down to see video to other adventures. See you on the trails, George.

It's January and cabin Fever has set in. Ten people with seven vehicles decide to tackle the great outdoors of SW Idaho, SE Oregon, determined to break the winter doldrums. Come ride with them as they drive a interesting canyon and the surrounding desert in this three part series of their winter adventure.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
SW Idaho Overlanding is taking a trip to Big Foot. Part 1 of a great practice run to get drivers and rigs ready for the adventures to come this year. Eight vehicles and 17 people join in on the fun. Come and ride along with us as we drive across the desert, drop down a side canyon and drive along the Snake River.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
FLASHBACK!-Succor Creek and Leslie Gulch Part 1 and 2.

This was a trip from 2015 and my first attempt at doing some film editing for YouTube. It had a sucky one track repetitious song that played with it. Hey it was my first attempt and the editor was free, but very limited. So I pulled it back out and redid the sound track with music from freemusicarchive.org .

A funny thing about this trip is that later I would meet up with a person that put on the Land of Mordor trip 2 years later (See Land of Mordor video below). We had actually been conversing from time to time on another forum, and in looking around in some older forum threads, I found that he was camped in Leslie Gulch the same day we drove in on this trip. Crossing each others paths just feet away from each other and never knew it. Funny how life works out that way. See you on the trails George.

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
SW Idaho Overlanding visits its neighbor, SE Oregon on a two day trip. This trip included a variety of different road conditions as we traveled the high desert. Come join SW Idaho Overlanding on another adventure into the wilds of nearby Oregon.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
A couple of videos of older trips. These two trips are for the same destination, Danskin Lookout. One is video and the other is a picture video. More coming so stay tune, George.

ghcoe

Adventurer
Pulling another trip from the past in the SJ out. This one is a drive along a old stage road to a stage station and then out to visit a wreck site.

ghcoe

Adventurer
Revisited Part 1

In these videos SW Idaho revisits a familiar destination for a relaxing three days of camping, fishing and soaking in a nearby warm springs. Join us on a late August adventure into the desert of SE Oregon to escape the heat of the city.

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited:

BigDawwg

-[Gettin-it Done]-
Hey there ghcoe; Your Tag SW Idaho, kind of caught my attention, been following your trips for awhile now, I ran all that part of the Owyhee Country pretty Hard back-in the Day, as well as over to Denio, Fields, French Glenn, and the Alvord, my Granddad used to summer Range some of his Cattle with Whitehorse Ranch Boys, down in the Trout Creek Mtn.'s, so,,,,,, have you ever heard the Name Claude Dallas,,,,,, :cool:
You take Care;
BD

ghcoe

Adventurer
Hey there ghcoe; Your Tag SW Idaho, kind of caught my attention, been following your trips for awhile now, I ran all that part of the Owyhee Country pretty Hard back-in the Day, as well as over to Denio, Fields, French Glenn, and the Alvord, my Granddad used to summer Range some of his Cattle with Whitehorse Ranch Boys, down in the Trout Creek Mtn.'s, so,,,,,, have you ever heard the Name Claude Dallas,,,,,, :cool:
You take Care;
BD

Hope you have been enjoying my trips. We just got back from a trip into Denio, Fields, Alvord, Frenchglen, Steens. Drove past the White Horse Ranch twice.

Yes I have heard of Claude Dallas. "It's hard to say what happened next, perhaps we'll never know". Camped near Bull Camp two years ago. What a wonderful place.

For those who don't know about Claude Dallas you can listen to this song to get you up to speed.

Thanks! You take care too. Hope we will meet on the trail some time. Sounds like we could have some good stories to swap. George.

ghcoe

Adventurer
Join us on our 4 day trip into South Central Idaho in a place that some call Mordor. Driving, hiking and camping, it's all here in a 4 part series for your enjoyment. George.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
The last trip in 2018, Have You Steen It?

Well have you? This is a four day trip taken in October to South Central Oregon. What a trip it was! Join us on this adventure as we drive the desert, check out hot springs, a round barn and drive through sun, rain and snow. Thanks for watching, George.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles