Fridge power consumption math help

TT-Tacoma

Observer
So I decided to change my plans for what vehicle to use on our trips. Since my Tacoma is a 6 speed and my wife isn't real keen on driving it I came up with the idea of driving our 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Ecodiesel since it has more power, better mpg, is infinitely more comfortable and she can help with the driving.

With this in mind I am going to use the factory 12v plug in the cargo area and to save myself from running a new one I am going to build a little 12v LVD in a project box and Velcro my power monitor to it to run inline to my fridge. While using the Jeep.

My ultimate goal is to have a modular system. Everything will be 12v plugs/zamp except for the input to the LVD and out of the monitor.

This will allow me to be able to keep the one I already installed on my truck for if I ever want to use it in there.

I'll post up more once I get it together. The disconnect I got has dip switches to adjust cutoff and reconnect. I really liked the look of the Engel BILM but couldn't source it stateside and this is wayyyyyyyyy cheaper.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles