FT - 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60

TXFJ60

Saddens me greatly to be considering this, but I've been putting thought into trading Shirley. I am interested in a clean 1995-1997 FZJ80 - will consider other non-LC 4x4 vehicles though.

She's a special girl and obviously part of the family. Almost 275k on the clock, but $16k was spent in 2005 on revamping all of the mechanicals including a new (yes, brand new) 2F short block, a reman. H55F 5 speed, and many other things that were put in at 200k. So basically what you have here is a 75k mile FJ60. I have the receipt, along with a thick folder of other receipts. She's on a 2" lift (CCOT HFS I believe), 33" KO2's were put on within the last 1000 miles or so (with the discount tire warranty). It's de-smogged with headers and fresh OEM carb from Mark's Offroad. A lot of the rubber under the hood has been replaced in the last year. Rust free frame and 99% rust free body.

She's not without flaws though. When I bought her, the driver side rear door was caved in from a deer hitting the side. I've popped it out the best I can and it looks a lot better. Didn't want to replace the door or have body work done because it's original paint - some cool patina along edges from 30 years of waxing.

Here's what I've done over the two years:
New AISIN clutch master and slave cylinders
New back hatch lift struts from CruiserYard
Tuffy center console
New power steering hoses
Aluminum roof rack on gamiviti gutter mounts
New CSF radiator
All new OEM radiator hoses via Beno
Valve lash adjustment to OEM spec
Rebuilt Aisin carb from Mark's Offroad
New vacuum lines
New OEM carb insulator
New OEM valve cover gasket, grommets, oil cap gasket
OEM fuel filter
OEM distributor rotor
DENSO spark plugs
Fan shroud mod
New OEM motor mounts
Replaced starter with used unit out of 150k mile truck
New speedometer cable from CruiserCorps
New hood bumper stops

The Bad: Does have a couple very minor rust spots, intake manifold needs to be machined and OEM gasket used to alleviate vacuum leak, driver seat torn, leaks some oil - I add a quart once a month or so, dent in driver side rear door from deer hitting it while driving. I popped the dent out as much as possible - still functions properly so it hasn't bothered me enough to replace.

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6392.jpg

IMG_6461.JPG

IMG_6459.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg

IMG_6840.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

Last edited:

TXFJ60

Friday bump. Interested in other 4x4 trades outside of Land Cruisers! Vans, trucks, RV's - bring it on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne