The evolving build

Kpack

Adventurer
Installing coilovers, front brake lines and diff drop this weekend. Any words of wisdom before I do surgery?

If your old hardware is corroded it could be a very rough job. If everything is clean then it really ought to be very straightforward to swap the coilovers. Mine was a nightmare because my lower shock bolts were rusted to the bushing sleeve and would not come loose no matter what. I had to cut one of them off and that took a very, very long time.

Cletus26

Adventurer
If your old hardware is corroded it could be a very rough job. If everything is clean then it really ought to be very straightforward to swap the coilovers. Mine was a nightmare because my lower shock bolts were rusted to the bushing sleeve and would not come loose no matter what. I had to cut one of them off and that took a very, very long time.

If you need to cut anything off Diablo carbide reciprocating saw blades are absolutely amazing

Onegen

Damn fingers crossed, we have beer on standby so I'm hoping that will help.

Onegen

Shop finished timing belt and water pump which gives me a piece of mind at 149,000 miles. Stuck at work due to impending flash flood warnings so it gives me time to look thru all these threads. Holy **** I've gone down some awesome rabbit holes and now realize there's going to be more mods to learn and do. Going to attempt the banjo bolt brake lines which will be a first for me and then the suspension this weekend. I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty.

Onegen

SS brake lines with banjo bolt installed along with front coilovers. Fun install with minor delays. Hardest part was bottom bolt of bilstein shock. Not sure how the guy before me installed them but we needed a torch to cut the bolt. Fox was a great fit but I need to adjust ride height in anticipation of front bumper and winch. Rear shocks and diff drop next week. Also looking to do a diff breather relocation soon too

Attachments

• 20180325_123043.jpg
    20180325_123043.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20180325_144020.jpg
    IMG_20180325_144020.jpg
    865.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20180325_140920.jpg
    IMG_20180325_140920.jpg
    613.3 KB · Views: 41

toyotech

Expedition Leader
SS brake lines with banjo bolt installed along with front coilovers. Fun install with minor delays. Hardest part was bottom bolt of bilstein shock. Not sure how the guy before me installed them but we needed a torch to cut the bolt. Fox was a great fit but I need to adjust ride height in anticipation of front bumper and winch. Rear shocks and diff drop next week. Also looking to do a diff breather relocation soon too

Should really look into upgrading your brake calipers to 13wl. They are bigger and better than what you have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onegen

I need to give credit to toyotech for the brake line and suspension upgrades and lhanson for the bumper upgrade. Your threads helped our tremendously. I'm only hearing good things about brute force fab and can't wait for the finished product.

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
I need to give credit to toyotech for the brake line and suspension upgrades and lhanson for the bumper upgrade. Your threads helped our tremendously. I'm only hearing good things about brute force fab and can't wait for the finished product.
Did you place an order with BFF?

Kpack

Adventurer
Nice work on the front end. What brake lines did you go with? That's one thing I haven't done but probably should. I'm curious as to how the Fox's perform for you as well.

Onegen

Nice work on the front end. What brake lines did you go with? That's one thing I haven't done but probably should. I'm curious as to how the Fox's perform for you as well.
The brake lines were really easy and fun. I snapped one of the bolts off in the caliper but had an easy time taking it back out and replacing it. Here are products

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180329-140248_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20180329-140248_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20180329-140832_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20180329-140832_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 28

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles