2 meter awning that's easiest to open when alone

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I currently have a Fiamma F35 pro on my 2-door JK. I can open it on my own, but it's kindof a pain. That, and I'm not too crazy about ordering a wall kit for it from Europe. Lately I've been eyeing an Eezi-Awn Series 2000 because the wall kit looks awesome.

Can someone that has a Series 2000 speak up to tell how easy it is to handle when alone? There isn't much info on the Interwebs. I'd also like to hear about other "one-person" models that I may have missed. I like the Eezi-Awn Bat & Manta, but I can't have anything that covers the rear of my Jeep because my Propex heater sits there.

Only rule is that it's gotta be a quality awning, and there has to be a wall kit available. :ylsmoke:

Thanks.

outback97

Adventurer
No problems setting up my ARB 2000 solo. But I’m taller than average with a long reach, so I’m sure that helps. Sorry I can’t compare to the other models as it’s the only one I’ve owned.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I had an ARB 2000 for a bit. Rolling that thing up by myself (during a wind) got my poor forearms a'burnin'. I'm getting old and am a bit of a wimp. The EA 2000 Series states that they have some sort of spring mechanism. Just wondering how that works.

Also a big fan of having a hard case on an awning.

shoredreamer

Observer
I recently switched to a Eezi Awn Swift and like it a lot. I went from a standard ARB type 6’ awning that was ok, then had a Foxwing which was a whole project just to set up. When I got the Swift Awn I got it specifically for its quick and easy setup. About as easy as it comes, can be freestanding with calm winds but is very stable for windy conditions with the legs down and staked at the foot. It’s 2.2 by 2.1 also.

Last edited:

outback97

Adventurer
That Eezi Awn Swift looks really nice, I like the foot stake down idea. Expensive though!

Is there a way to attach another panel to the front of it like the ARB wind break?

arb_awning_wind_break.jpg

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Another solo-ARB user here. I actually switched from an older spring-rolled aluminum case awning to the ARB partially just because I wanted to be able to open it solo. I have the 2500, and aside from needing to use a small (8") step-stool to reach the cinch-up straps with it mounted on my tall-*** van, deploying is cake and stowing it is doable.

As jacobconroy says, your forearms may get to burning after you've rolled the whole thing up, but the crucial thing is that there's never much danger of scratching up your ride. The way the horizontal stays swing out to the sides during rolling, and the vertical poles get captured inside the end-channel, there's nothing flopping around that can hit the vehicle. My old Norseman awning had a different leg configuration and it was always a near-thing to avoid "keying" the van while moving the aluminum tubes around.

shoredreamer

Observer
That Eezi Awn Swift looks really nice, I like the foot stake down idea. Expensive though!

Is there a way to attach another panel to the front of it like the ARB wind break?

arb_awning_wind_break.jpg

Yes the front attachment style on the Swift is the same as the side attachment style on an ARB so you could buy ARB #4404A (2100 Side wall) and use it on the front of the Swift.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I too like the idea of the EA Swift, but it doesn't look like they make a wall kit for it. Today I set up my Fiamma F35 Pro in the front yard. It was easier to setup than I remember. But, of course, Fiamma doesn't seem to make a wall kit for this size. It's in kinda rough shape too.

It looks like my options are (if I need a wall kit) EA 2000 series, ARB, or Hannibal. I'd probably go with a Hannibal, but as eatsleepwoof said, they are just too hard to find. I'm surprised that nobody with a series 2000 has popped into this thread yet.

My trailer has an EA Globetrotter on it, and I love the canvas (smells like camping). This is why I'm leaning towards the Series 2000 and Rec Vee wall kit, which is the same canvas.

Shoredreamer, have you done much research on getting a wall kit to fit on a swift? If a solution exists, that might be the way to go.

shoredreamer

Observer
Paul at Equipt can get you the 3 wall set made for the Swift. He might have the awning and wall set in stock right now.

RubiK

Student of Life
I had a 2000 for 10 years. The clam shell style is very nice looking. Great awning, but then the Swift came out and it peaked my interest. Much easier to deploy on your own and I like the free standing option it has. Sold the 2000, and bought the Swift. No regrets. Can't go wrong with either one; it's an Eezi-Awn product.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Paul said that he does have the Swift wall sets in stock right now. I'm still considering my options. Thanks for the input shoredreamer & Rubik!

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
If you do get the Swift and the wall set, post up some pics. I want to get the walls when funds allow.

Paul sent these to me (from one of his customers). I will post them below because it will probably save him some email work. :) Hopefully it's OK. Sorry about the sidways pics. No idea how to rotate them.
IMG_5022.jpg
IMG_5028.jpg
IMG_5024.jpg
IMG_5023.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles