2000 XJ Cherokee Build

scrubber3

Not really here
Not to step on his thread but I used 3M General Adhesive Remover on mine. They're only held on with foam adhesive tape. The 3M cleaner dosent hurt paint but softens the tape enough to pull them off. Just run a bead along the top lines and let it soak, repeat until they pull off easily. It works great on cleaning residual glue left behind!

Awesome! Thank you

HouseVVares

Not to step on his thread but I used 3M General Adhesive Remover on mine. They're only held on with foam adhesive tape. The 3M cleaner dosent hurt paint but softens the tape enough to pull them off. Just run a bead along the top lines and let it soak, repeat until they pull off easily. It works great on cleaning residual glue left behind!

I just removed the side molding on my '98. I pulled the molding off that left some of the tape on the paint. I then used a 3m adhesive remover wheel (3M Stripe Off on Amazon) on my battery drill and it did a great job pulling the extra tape off the paint. Just another option.

Toyman01

Adventurer
I did make it work hard this weekend. No great camping trip, just to the track for a couple of days. About 200 miles round trip.

20180225_065819-XL.jpg

Toyman01

Adventurer
The trailer is about 1000 pounds, the car about 1500, so 2500 pounds. The 4.0 has gobs of torque and moves it a long very well. It's nice and stable as well. The only reason it's squatting that much is the back was full of crap as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles