4.0L 6-Cylinder Automatic
96,7xx Miles
Four Wheel Drive with Center Locker and DAC
Power Windows, Locks, Mirrors
Keyless Entry with Spare Keys
AM/FM/CD/Aux
Air Con / Cruise / Tilt Wheel / Aftermarket and Cheap Dash-Mounted Navigation

About the T4R:
Welcome to what I believe to be the cleanest, unmolested 2007 Toyota 4Runner 4.0 SR5 4x4 lurking the internet.
This 4th gen began its life in Casselberry Florida eventually moving to Altoona Pennsylvania.

In October of 2017 I obtained it, 100% stock – original – solid and clean with 94,175 miles from Fiore Toyota of Hollidaysburg PA. Its prior owner trading it in for a replacement 5th gen.

We purchased this 4th gen, with its sole purpose being a Toy for my fiancée. An extra vehicle. Planning on keeping her daily driver. We’ve since decided to sell the toy and the daily and have purchased a new 4Runner.

The second time driving this we began noticing an intermittent check engine light under extremely rare conditions.

I chased and chased and chased, finally accurately pinpointing a tensioner not doing its job correctly creating an ever so slightly out of range reading of stretch in its typically beefy and reliable 250k+ timing chain.

Post surgery… and thousands of dollars later… brings us to now.

Only ever seeing a less solid form of road than asphalt, to quickly capture an Instagram worthy picture for my Fiancée.

Never wheeled, Never Rocked, Never Camped, Never Mudded.

Enough of the story, here’s the details.

October 2017 94,175 miles through February 2018 96,7xx miles:

NEW OEM TOYOTA CRANK SHAFT POSITION SENSORS BANK 1 AND BANK 2

2 COMPLETE PENZOIL PLATINUM SYNTHETIC OIL CHANGES 5W30

NEW OEM TOYOTA VARIABLE VALVE TIMING SOLENOID

NEW PRE-PRESSED OEM TOYOTA PASSENGER AND DRIVER FRONT HUB ASSEMBLY (pass front wheel bearing was starting to get noisy due to, What looked to be, lifetime of sticky caliper)

NEW N-FAB INC (TRUCKHERO) BLACK TEXTURED STEP BARS

NEW WEATHERTECH FRONT AND REAR FLOOR LINERS

NEW WEATHERTECH 4PC IN CHANNEL VENT SHADES

NEW CORNFED SPACER LIFT KIT

NEW CBI OFFROAD INC DITCH LIGHT BRACKETS

NEW NGK STANDARD SPARK PLUGS X6

NEW OEM TOYOTA TIMING CHAIN WITH R&R – TENSIONERS – WATERPUMP – VALVE COVER GASKETS – PLENUM GASKETS – COOLANT SERVICE – FAN SERVICE – FUEL FILTER – OIL FILTER

4 NEW 315MHZ SNAP IN SMART TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM SENSORS (originals were hit and miss with occasional read errors)

NEW DRIVER FRONT BRAKE CALIPER (pesky Toyota sticking, extremely common)

COMPLETE PROFESSIONAL STRIP – CLAY BAR – BUFF – WAX – POLISH – CERAMIC COAT

NEW HEADLAMPS (originals were starting to fade and fog, this is a pet-peeve of mine)

NEW DURACELL OE SPEC BATTERY

NEW RIGID INDUSTRIES DSS SPOTTERS

NEW XD301 TURBINE 6X5.5 17” WHEELS WITH NEW 12MM 1.50 SPLINED BLACK LUG NUTS AND SOCKET KIT

NEW x4 BF GOODRICH MUD TERRAIN T/A 255/75/17 (OE New Gen Jeep Rubicon Sizing, I enjoy tall and knobby)

5TH NEW 255/75/17 BF GOODRICH MUD TERRAIN SPARE TIRE INCLUDED (Not mounted on vehicle due to size, OE never used spare currently mounted underside)

PROFESSIONAL ROAD FORCE BALANCING… TWICE

NEW FRONT LEFT AND RIGHT COMPLETE OE TOYOTA CV AXLE SHAFT ASSEMBLIES (Original boots were starting to seep, dove right in and corrected that.)

NEW FRONT LEFT AND RIGHT SWAY BAR END LINKS (Noticed play on originals when installing lift)

NEW 4-WHEEL LASER ALIGNMENT

Organized receipts for every item listed above.

I have a lot of time and money invested in this vehicle. The title is clean and clear, there are no liens, its history is clean and it is ready for its new owner.

Currently:
What a beast. Drives and Performs flawlessly. Ready for the next owner to throw 300k or more miles at it. You will get in, you will turn the key, and you will drive for whatever distance you so desire only needing fuel every 23 gallons or so.
Interior is a 9.75 / 10. That .25 being knocked because of the ever so slight dis-form of the drivers bolster shown in photographs. Frame and undercarriage are in excellent condition. Very little signs of surface rust from normal age and use. The first salt this has ever seen has been this winter, less than 5 times and immediately washed/detailed including undercarriage shortly after using. The frame has not been painted, undercoated or any type of aftermarket cover up. The black you see is the black of a very solid original frame.

Cons: If you’re OCD like me, There is a very minuscule bump in the rear hatch about 1inch wide, no paint cracking or damage.

I am asking $15,000

I am willing to listen and entertain your offers

There are several YouTube walk around videos posted in the comment below.

Currently located in Horseheads, NY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMG_2024.jpg

Last edited:

northstar2018

Northstar
Great post and absolutely stunning rig. You are a crazy man! :Wow1: I have no idea how you do it all, but thank you, I think, for setting the bar yet higher! GLWS. Beautiful.

AllRoadsDriven

JackHammer
New Draw-Tite Tow Receiver kit included with sale as well. Pre-wired from the factory for tow package. Never mounted hitch. Hitting eBay today!

MTSN

Explorer
Nice job adding lots of pics. Curious what makes it a “unicorn” though - are you referring to the condition? Might want to do undercarriage pics too.

AllRoadsDriven

JackHammer
If you have any photograph request or interest in the vehicle I would be glad to supply you with undercarriage photographs or videos in detail. eBay auction began about 10 minutes ago. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AllRoadsDriven

JackHammer
I can search for, find and buy 200k mile beat up donkeys every day. To find one in this condition with records is nearly impossible. At least in our markets and my searches. 4th gens with a good past, low miles and a clean undercarriage are a dying breed. I suppose the terminology Unicorn caters to this.

Nesquik

Observer
I can search for, find and buy 200k mile beat up donkeys every day. To find one in this condition with records is nearly impossible. At least in our markets and my searches. 4th gens with a good past, low miles and a clean undercarriage are a dying breed. I suppose the terminology Unicorn caters to this.

Hey you don’t have a unicorn, you have a cream puff

Haha anyways good luck with your sale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles