High Lift Bed Mounting

sargeek

Adventurer
Crowd sourcing how to mount a high-lift in the bed of my GMC.

I want to mount it under the bed rail on the right side. I would like to bolt it through the side of the bed and put a large fender washers on it. However, their is no access to install the nuts and washers.

This is the mount - https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/bulldog-farm-jack-universal-mounting-kit

So the only way I can think of installing it would be to use the rivnuts, the other option would be some sheet metal screws? Not a very elegant option.

All suggestions welcome.

steelhd

Observer
Mount logistics track (L- track) and then use bed rail hi-lift mounts. If you can't find one you really like they are very easy to fabricate out of steel or aluminum flat bar. And having rails on the front and sides of the bed is pretty handy.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Hi-Lift in my GMC. Make your own mounts from some scrap angle or aluminum. Simple, cheap, compact, and better than anything you can buy.Vivitar Dump 112909 043.jpgVivitar Dump 112909 045.jpgVivitar Dump 112909 048.jpgVivitar Dump 112909 047.jpgVivitar Dump 112909 046.jpg

Last edited:

jgaz

Adventurer
Ducky's Dad: Nice job on the mount! Simple and well executed. Thanks for sharing it.

BTW: I like the spacers under your bed mounted tool box. I did the same thing to allow 2x lumber to be slid under the box in my truck.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I like the spacers under your bed mounted tool box. I did the same thing to allow 2x lumber to be slid under the box in my truck.
Thanks. I can slide lumber up to rough 4x under the box, plus plywood, drywall, granite counters, drain pipe, rebar, whatever. I can't imagine using that truck with the standard mounting for the tool box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles