now this interesting, Lifetime Products 55 QUART HIGH PERFORMANCE COOLER

MattF350

Observer
I may have to look into these. As you can see, I have a 150qt cooler in my bed (avatar) but its just the plain jane cooler. Not as good as some of these but needed a drink holder for my wedding.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I don't think anyone's mentioned that this is an IGBC Certified Bear-Resistant Product. That's a deal clincher for me at a $100. Oddly enough not listed as a feature on their website. But the IGBC cert is shown in the product pictures and it is listed on the IGBC certified products list.

They even have a video of bears testing the cooler.

robert

Expedition Leader
LOL Yeti. Some of them are made in the Philippines as well; you could find them for under $100 if you shopped around. I'm glad to see an American made product that's priced competitively.

thefishhawk

Adventurer
I bought my Yeti cooler for rafting in 2007. A 120 cost me $285, seemed like an expensive cooler at the time. Today that would cost me $549 to replace it with their current 125. Are their coolers twice as good today? Don't think so. To me they are the Bud Light of coolers, costs $.05 to make and the other 95 cents is advertising. If I put it next to my RTIC, you'd think they came from the same factory. I definitely love that cooler, but they've gotten pretty out of control with the pricing, I couldn't justify replacing it with another yeti with so many other options out there.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I love my RTIC cooler. Half the price and literally exactly the same cooler. However. I did recently pick up a Yeti coffee mug , and that thing is well worth the 25 bucks. Best mug I have ever owned by far, plus I haven’t seen any knockoffs yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dstock

Explorer
I love my RTIC cooler. Half the price and literally exactly the same cooler. However. I did recently pick up a Yeti coffee mug , and that thing is well worth the 25 bucks. Best mug I have ever owned by far, plus I haven’t seen any knockoffs yet.

I have to agree on the Yeti mugs, colsters, etc., they work really, really well compared to any knockoffs I own. That said, I will be picking up one of these Lifetime coolers for the desert runs where a supplement to the ARB fridge is needed. I have a couple Lifetime tables that have held up great over the years.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader

I have to agree on the Yeti mugs, colsters, etc., they work really, really well compared to any knockoffs I own. That said, I will be picking up one of these Lifetime coolers for the desert runs where a supplement to the ARB fridge is needed. I have a couple Lifetime tables that have held up great over the years.

I just realized after reading your post that I own several folding tables and chairs from this same Lifetime company. GREAT quality! These coolers have got to be sweet too.

dstock

Explorer
I bit the bullet and purchased one, it fits perfectly in the back of the trailer. It seems very well made, I will report back once I've had a chance to use it, which probably will be at Expo this year. It's mostly for drinks which helps free up space in the ARB Fridge.

i-sDVk6cq-L.jpg

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Despite the company's name the warranties are limited. The cooler is 5 years. There seems to be no explicit claim on the website about where they manufacture things but this is a hint:

"...the company has grown from 15 employees in a partial warehouse to over 1,500 employees — all over the globe"

Last edited:

slowtwitch

Adventurer
Everything I own from Lifetime is made in China. They own their own facility there. I emailed Liftetime over a month ago asking if the cooler was totally manufactured in the USA, and I never heard back.
I suspect they are gaming the term 'made in the USA' .
But it looks nice anyways, and even if made in China, is still a good price it seems. If they ever make a smaller size, I may be tempted.

rnArmy

Adventurer
I've got a Coleman 52 quart Xtreme cooler (had it for years) mounted on the front of my trailer. Never had any issues with it, but I always thought someday I would upgrade to a "better" cooler.

Current cooler: https://www.coleman.com/52-quart-xtreme-5-cooler/6050A748.html

Was at Cabela's today looking at their brand of coolers, and was also looking at their Yeti coolers as a possible replacement (size is an issue - I had my tape measure with me). Both the Cabela's 40 quart and Yeti 45 quart would not fit (and they were like $250 - $300). When I got home I came across this article doing a google search to find a link to show my Coleman cooler:

https://www.beyondthetent.com/yeti-cooler-vs-the-colman-extreme/?utm_referrer=http://start.att.net/search/index.php?q=coleman+xtreme+coolers&context=search

So maybe I'll just keep my Coleman for a while longer. But I might go to Walmart (with my tape measure) and check out these lifetime coolers.drive.5.jpg

Last edited:

Justgosurfin

I cheated the ice holding comparison/value test.

I came home today and one was on my front porch. The best cooler money can buy is the one your awesome mom buys and ships to you without telling you.

She probably saved me like an hour of watching videos and reading ready stupid reviews all to buy a damn cooler. Well, she saved minutes at least. I read this thread to see what I had actually gotten haha. And for the record this review thread wasn’t stupid.

Attachments

• B40CC884-1D21-470C-9A81-C06A1F913555.jpeg
    B40CC884-1D21-470C-9A81-C06A1F913555.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 68

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles