Talk me out of trading my pro4x fronty for a new Armada

sailorcolin

Observer
Why would I? The new Armada aka Patrol is a sweet ride with a lot of potential. Do you need a pickup? Or would an SUV suffice?

docwatson

Adventurer
I think you came to the wrong place to be talked out of this decision. I love the new Armada. It probably won't fit down the same trails as your Frontier. How easy are the ARB Patrol parts to acquire?

TripLeader

Explorer
Don't do it. You must be on your way to getting the Frontier paid off. A pick-up truck can offer more versatility than an SUV.

broncobowsher

Adventurer
Armada. Right now that is the only thing that could replace my Xterra. And the '10 Xterra was the upgrade from the '08 Frontier (everything with Nismo/Off-road/Pro-4x/whatever they call it now packages)

JakeH

Adventurer
Man I haven't used the bed of the frontier for anything but luggage in a few years. Never used my locker. Never needed 4lo.
I'm not excited about doubling my car payment though... Maybe ARB will bring the patrol parts over just in time to convince me. Anybody got an expo'd armada on here yet?

E.J.

Explorer
jh-35.jpg

Just to egg you on, Nissan's Armada build for the Chicago Auto Show.

AggroCrag

Meat Popsicle
Am I the only one who thinks the Armada is horrible looking? It is ginormous and I can't imagine taking something that big and expensive on any sort of trail. I guess I just prefer a simple truck over Nissan Quest on steroids...

broncobowsher

Adventurer
Am I the only one who thinks the Armada is horrible looking? It is ginormous and I can't imagine taking something that big and expensive on any sort of trail. I guess I just prefer a simple truck over Nissan Quest on steroids...

Just you.

Big? You must not know what a full size truck looks like. While larger than a Frontier it is smaller than the first gen Armada. Downright dainty when compared to stuff as small as a Titan XD.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
How's your fuel mileage? Gas is on its way back up and the 5.6 gets crappy fuel economy. I know, I have 2 of them. It's a great engine if you can afford it but add the cost of extra fuel to the cost of a higher car payment and likely more expensive insurance.

docwatson

Adventurer
Its not worth going in debt over, most cars aren't. I do want to see one these kitted out though. I know petitarmada is rockin' the Infiniti version. The Chicago Auto Show version is getting there, less bro lights and pick a better color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles