roll up canvas tops

irish1371

Adventurer
I recently saw a softop made top on a toyota truck. The style with roll up sides. I thought that old style land rover top might be handy so I went poking around. They seem to be made for trucks only. Anyone know of someone making them for jeeps?

trucktop.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
I recently saw a softop made top on a toyota truck. The style with roll up sides. I thought that old style land rover top might be handy so I went poking around. They seem to be made for trucks only. Anyone know of someone making them for jeeps?

View attachment 434159
Jeff Scherb has made some for his safari LJ cab and I am pretty sure has or will be designing for the modular top he has done. Here is the thread on it. Pretty sure you will find it in there. Outside of him idk any that are on the market.

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/showthread.php?t=160775

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Jeff Scherb has made some for his safari LJ cab and I am pretty sure has or will be designing for the modular top he has done. Here is the thread on it. Pretty sure you will find it in there. Outside of him idk any that are on the market.

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/showthread.php?t=160775

I'm a big fan of roll-up sides and I've done a bunch of examples. This is the one Donny is referring to:

TincupPass2.jpg~original

CurtainHDRURear34.jpg~original

And rolled down:

CurtainHDRDFront34.jpg~original

My JK Safari Cab hardtop has removable hard sides as well but I haven't sewn the soft side panels yet.

HalfDoorSim_zpszg0x8yoq.jpg

I've also posted about converting factory soft top sides to roll-up:

FactoryRollUp1_zps5jwqoemq.jpg~original

And slightly off-topic, I've done a canvas "covered wagon" top with roll-up sides for my fiberglass military trailer, a similar full soft top could be done for the Jeep:

SidesRolledUp1_zpsox1mhyn9.jpg

TopView_zpsxvpigqqv.jpg

squint

Adventurer
check with americanconvoy.com. Very cool tops if they can ever get to production....

We are truly sorry for how long this is taking. Our manufacturing facility is taking much longer than we had hoped but they are still coming.

Here are some pics of the desert sand and the black.

karlmagnum

Observer
Here's a factory top converted to a roll-up-- jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/roll-up-side-panel-mod-factory-soft-top-333711/

jscherb

Expedition Leader

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94