Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duluth Fire Bucket Seat Covers

Quote Originally Posted by ericvs View Post
    they have another seat cover that is airbag compatible. It is a bit more $$, but if the airbags are the most important thing, there you go. It also has more pockets which looks nice.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/search...cessor=content
    Perfect. Good find! I'll order those. I'll also get the rear seat cover as well: https://www.duluthtrading.com/search...cessor=content

It was my bad attempt at humor...,.. Seat covers and seat covers.
    04 TJ Unlimited / Mobile Doo-Dad display
    KE5PPH

Be aware that the "firehose" material, is not that of what a firehose is made of. It is very similar to Carhartt's canvas duck cloth.
    I talked to a lot of people that thought they were getting some form of hose material.
    It's just a trademark name. High quality, but mostly made in China.
    JEEP The AR-15 of the automotive world

Quote Originally Posted by Zeep View Post
    Be aware that the "firehose" material, is not that of what a firehose is made of. It is very similar to Carhartt's canvas duck cloth.
    I talked to a lot of people that thought they were getting some form of hose material.
    It's just a trademark name. High quality, but mostly made in China.
    Good point!
    I wondering if this would be the first time someone complained for not getting hosed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeep View Post
    Be aware that the "firehose" material, is not that of what a firehose is made of. It is very similar to Carhartt's canvas duck cloth...
    I'm not even sure what "firehoses" are made of. But if it's heavy duty rubber...no thanks. I hate leather seats, because they don't breathe. And get super hot/cold. I'd imagine rubber would have the same effect.

Just got mine in today. Seems like good quality canvas. I'll install tonight, test it out for a few days, and report.

EDIT: Well, it's not going to work. Their description clearly says it's compatible with side airbags. But the way the bungee cords go right over where the airbags deploy, I really doubt this will work. I called them and they were baffled as well. But great customer service, as they apologized profusely, and immediately said I could return it on their dime. I hope they will make seat covers that are airbag compliant in the future, because I really like the material, and more importantly, the customer service has been great. I will most likely buy the cargo area cover, and maybe the rear seat cover as well.
    Last edited by phsycle; 02-14-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phsycle View Post
    I'm not even sure what "firehoses" are made of. But if it's heavy duty rubber...no thanks.
    Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the nylon type covering on firehoses.
    JEEP The AR-15 of the automotive world

Firehose is typically a synthetic woven jacket over a rubber liner. They make rubber hose but it sucks and is not commonly used.

Needless to say Duluth just borrows the name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But have you seen the reviews on the "buck naked" underwear? I'll have to try some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by phsycle View Post
    Anyone have these? I like that they look like they池e easy on/off for washing. I certainly like the price as well. I知 sure they値l wear well, being heavy canvas. My only concern is will they stay put.

https://m.duluthtrading.com/store/pr...hoC_wkQAvD_BwE
    If your vehicle is a keeper get some Marathon's or Headwaters.
    I've had Marathons on four vehicles now.
    2007 Dodge 2500 Regcab 4wd 5.9 CTD. G-56 , TC800 Northstar popup 24/7. Suspension mutt. Kore,Thuren & Carli. Anarchy EFI Live.

I get all giddy at the thought of my f****** seat exploding if someone runs in to me! I知 off to the dealer to buy a new rig with some seat air bags!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12