EZ UP TENTS

captwoody

Adventurer
I was going to mount an arb 2500 awning to my trailered roof top tent but it would mount at 6 feet and I believe that is to low for the tent room that adds to it and I am looking to add additional space. I have a 10x10 straight leg EZ UP in trailer already. I saw a tent that attaches to it and its frame for 150 bucs and was thinking about it instead. does anybody here have one and how is it for overflow sleeping.My RTT can sleep 3 in a pinch 2 comfortably. I was thinking 3-4 cot max for EZ UP.I built trailer so I can leave camp without packing up so I don't want to mount to jeep. Trying to get rig ready so when my neck gets fixed I can take 18 year old son and friends to sierras before he goes off to college. Then later use it as ground floor changing/porta potti/storage out of sight area. I have neck back issues so I would use RTT for just sleeping and hang out downstairs to get out of weather.

dcg141

Adventurer
I have several with the zip in walls and no floor. I do lay down mats before putting up the walls. I use it for a protected eating and cooking area and only use the walls during really rainy or cold conditions. It works well keeping everything dry my small electric tent heater can keep it really comfy. You could for sure sleep under one. http://www.eurmax.com/pop-up-canopy-sidewall-kit.html
EZ Up's are bulky but they are versatile and really convenient. Like I said I have several and they get used for camping, business outings, trade shows ect.

Last edited:

CampStewart

Observer
I think they are much more versatile than an awning. I like that I can set it up somewhere more convenient than right up against my trailer. If you need to work on your rig you can set it up over it and work out of the weather. There are a couple of good brand names and a lot of cheap junk. Even within a brand there are different grades of quality. One thing about them is they like to fly in the wind. Plan on roping it off to trees, stout tent stakes, or heavy weights at each corner to secure it when the wind is blowing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles