PowerWagonJeeper's Appalachian Adventures Thread

This thread is for my weekend warrior pics. Just knocking around the area where I live. A lot of these are also posted to my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/greenbriervalleycoffeecompany/

This was yesterday. More of an on-road adventure given the weather. Ventured to the neighboring county to take my son to his friend's house. It was a little icy and snowy. But surprisingly, the PW really well. Only once did I put it into 4WL. And that was on a road which hadn't been plowed, and had already had a fair amount of traffic, creating some murder ice slush.

This was a quick ride out into a field on our property with a really cool abandoned house up on the hill.

IMG_2608.JPG
IMG_2607.JPG

Cool abandoned church along the way.

IMG_2610.jpg

This was the view from the church:

IMG_2609.JPG

Abandoned pre-Civil War farm house. Directly in front of the house was the old stage coach road.

IMG_2606.jpg

Some photos of fog rolling in as I was winding down to the Greenbrier River around Fort Spring, WV.

IMG_2620.JPGIMG_2615.jpgIMG_2623.jpg

Ok, finally got some to load. Just got back from a trip up to Canaan Valley.

Stopped at a cool little general store at Seneca Rocks in Pendleton County, WV.

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

Took a day trip over Potts Mountain in the Shawvers Run Wilderness, Jefferson National Forest. The snow had just melted, so it was still a little sketchy. Not much solid surface on the downhill portions. Mud icebergs floating around.

IMG_4454.JPGIMG_4457.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles