1 Owner LC100 Finds its way out of a field.... what should happen next?

AllRoadsDriven

JackHammer
What in the world did I get myself into!

Looking for recommendations

I acquired this 2004 Land Cruiser 100 Series through a mutual friend. The owners had purchased it new and literally drove it into the ground. Upon the alternator seizing up and breaking the drive belt they parked it at their winery, where it would sit for 2 years. With a fresh battery and fussing with the throttle body plate, I got it started and broke it out of its slumber. Had a friend flat bed it home. Replaced alternator, power steering pump pressure fittings, new belt, new fluids. Pumped up the 4 flat tires.

237,000 Miles 4.7L V8
Runs, Drives, Stops, Comes to Temp, All accessories function i.e. Power Steering, Alternator, Fan, Heat & A/C

Navigation and Power Accessories interior all work perfectly

Has third row jump seats and no rips or tears. Interior will clean to be very nice, I've seen our shop start with worse and end with new.

Rear hatch is shot!

My questions is this, how far should I go? Approximately what is its value and to whom? I'm the type to buy a 50k mile LC and spend a lot more for a better starting point. I'm stumped on this one.

Seeking opinions and interest!

Arktikos

Explorer
Condition of undercarriage is important consideration. The hatch suggests that it could be quite rusty under there.

AllRoadsDriven

JackHammer
Condition of undercarriage is important consideration. The hatch suggests that it could be quite rusty under there.

Quite rusty indeed. Frame is not broken or full of holes but accessories to the frame are very rusty.

Attempted to put fresh gas in it this afternoon and watched the gas poor on to the ground just as fast as it went in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkg

Explorer
Quite rusty indeed. Frame is not broken or full of holes but accessories to the frame are very rusty.

Attempted to put fresh gas in it this afternoon and watched the gas poor on to the ground just as fast as it went in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like parting it out is your best bet. If the tank/filler is rusted through, one could realistically expect fuel and brake lines to be in need of attention. Add $1-2k for general maintenance (timing belt, fluids, etc) based on original description... and there isn’t much left.

Riptide

Explorer
That frame is going to be totally gone. A shame when people don't take care of something that could conceivably last decades...

borison

Adventurer
Unfortunately, it seems that parting this one out seems like the right thing to do, especially given your region. Very sad.

Coachgeo

Explorer
That frame is going to be totally gone. A shame when people don't take care of something that could conceivably last decades...
237,000 miles on it..... I would say they definitely got their value out of it before letting it sit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste