2016+ Tacoma Gear Packages - 4.88 IS HERE

nitro-gear

Supporting Sponsor - Differential & Axle Parts
Yes absolutely - our location in Cashmere, WA in where we have full install shop

Big Country

Just starting a new build with an 18' Tacoma TRD OR and the desired end state is a rig similar to the XO 16' Tacoma. I noticed you went with 4.88 on their rig...would you recommend the same for that set-up with a manual?

Dipodomys

Observer
OK, a couple of questions for you gear experts:

1) 2008 Tacoma DC with AT, what's my stock gear ratio? 3.73s? Here's my door jam trans/axle ID sticker. I have yet to find a site that can accurately interpret my axle code.
2) I'm running 255/85/16 BFG muds. These are a tall "skinny" tire, 33.1" tall when new. I love them, but they have KILLED my MPG, and performance up hills is painful. Seriously, I think I'm averaging about 12-13 MPG. I have the usual mods (ARB bumper, ARB lift, camper shell, fridge, and a couple of other odds and ends), which have added a few hundred pounds to my weight, then you can add on camping gear, water, etc. The guy at the local gear shop recommended 4.56s. I'm thinking maybe a bit higher is in order, so maybe 4.88s are, indeed, the way to go.

I want to get this right, so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles