Propex heater ducting with PVC, thoughts?

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
JCDriller said:
I think this 90* elbow will work for your needs, it is designed to work with the ducting or straight out of the heater.

vSyupOi.jpg

Wow, alright, that will work! Thanks for checking that out and letting me know!

rlynch356

Defyota
how are you going to route the exhaust for hte heater under the tent?

This is looking like a really good idea btw.. i was thinking you could just run a duct fromt he bottom into the tent via a hose and not through the bottom of the tent - since it seems it out get covered pretty easily with bags/pillows and the like.

JCDriller

Adventurer
how are you going to route the exhaust for hte heater under the tent?

This is looking like a really good idea btw.. i was thinking you could just run a duct fromt he bottom into the tent via a hose and not through the bottom of the tent - since it seems it out get covered pretty easily with bags/pillows and the like.

I'm going to route the outlets to the front edge of the tents floor, I'd love to push it past the front edge, but due to the folding tent mechanism I can't or the exhaust would get crushed. I plan on having an exhaust hose that can be attached when the tent is up. I'm not sure if it will be necessary since all the windows will be closed when its cold and the tent isn't exactly air tight. I will likely install a pair of CO detectors, my 2 year old will be in the tent, so 1 isn't adequate.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Thread resurrection!

The elbow tip is a good one and I have a semi-related problem. I am going to install my Propex in the rear of my Jeep (up high under the fiberglass roof) and need to find some sort of bulkhead connector for 60 mm duct. Does anyone have an idea? Can't find anything.

I need some sort of weatherproof-ish bulkhead connector to pass the duct through the fiberglass top (a set actually for supply and return). Then I need two more to pass through the fiberglass bottom of the RTT. AT this point, it would be awesome to fit some sort of sweep 90 for aiming the hot air and some sort of ball-shaped screen to keep the return from getting covered up with blankets and/or dogs during the night.

I'm planning to make it a straight shot through, but it might be smarter to use 90s between the roof and tent incase I want to slide the tent forward or rearward for any reason later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles