RRC Bottle Jack

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
Question:

Is the Bottle Jack from a Disco 2 the same as the jack that was in a RRC?

I hear the RRC jacks are hard to find and sought after because they had a "double" shaft allowing them to raise higher.

I see lots of Disco 2 jacks on eBay, but not RRC, so I am wondering if the Disco 2 jack worked the same way or not.

My RRC came with nothing so I have a cheap Lordco jack in it at the moment.

Thanks!

Ray

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel
Here is what my base model 1992 RRC Diesel came with.

FullSizeRender_14-M.jpg

That's a jack handle clipped to the side panel, the double jack, and a pair of wheel chocks.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
They are the same. Jack made by CORAM in italy

Defender, discovery, range rover, etc. They might have small differences between years but all of mine are identical. Excellent little tool.

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
I came across this online. Looks like it came in the County models for some years. Everything fits into a foam holder that then sits inside the spare tire. Pretty slick. Probably easy to make using some plastic, cardboard, and a can of self expanding foam.
584d33b99f16c8e153cca1fdba1d169e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LR Max

Local Oaf
I think the D2 ones are a bit bigger. But yes, they'll work if it'll fit. Excellent unit, used it many times. It is the "double stage" type.

Could be the same, hard to tell. But its the same one from a D1 if that ballparks you.

azarmadillo

Adventurer
I came across this online. Looks like it came in the County models for some years. Everything fits into a foam holder that then sits inside the spare tire. Pretty slick. Probably easy to make using some plastic, cardboard, and a can of self expanding foam.

Expanding foam, yeah, great idea. Good luck with that. Post photos because that'll be a mess.

If you want the styrofoam piece, I have two extra. They include the wheel chocks too. Happy to sell and ship.

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
Expanding foam, yeah, great idea. Good luck with that. Post photos because that'll be a mess.

Ha, yeah probably. We used to ship aircraft engines that way. Not too bad as long as you are sparing with the foam and ensure you’ve blocked your spaces correctly. I’m thinking I may attempt it since then I can ditch the chocks but add a void for my tool roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles