97 Dual Cab FG637 Suspension options/advice

PilbaraFG637

Hi all long time lurker first/second time posting!

As the title says looking for some advice and info on suspension setup.
I've got 17" GoannaTracks rims and just fitted 37" Dynapro's, just not enough clearance to squeeze them on. Im in the North West of WA so nothing available locally, already spoken to SSA and they wont ship out springs as they need vehicle in their shop to fit properly and ATW parabolics too much for what i use the truck for.

It's just our weekender getaway rig with simple enclosed canopy for basic camping, not a huge weight load.

PSX_20171218_212527.jpg

canter tourer

Adventurer
Welcome. Is it just a clearance issue on the front? Have a search for 'aussie iron' 's posts, Dan has a write up on adding a leaf to gain some lift etc, although he is running 35" tyres, but my truck has something similar and I cant see why mine wouldn't take 37's.
Dave

PilbaraFG637

All good, just tyre mob saying they reckon the wouldnt fit, took it to a friends tyre shop (they couldnt source Hankook as no acct with them) and they actually test fitted them up, need some slight rear mudguard bending but all good!

Can actually do 91kmh (with no headwind ) now! :wings:

Aussie Iron

Explorer
I actually had my springs remade by Dobinsons in Rockhampton. Yes it has an extra leaf in the front but also we had them increase the length of the spring from the centre bolt to the rear and gave them more set. This in effect gave me an extra clearance on the bump stops giving a lot better ride. Generally we have good clearance all round except in full articulation and turning at the same time then the wheel just hits the rear inner guard.

Dan.

PilbaraFG637

Transfer Case Regear and a Turbo and it will fly. Well it certainly will be a lot better to drive.

Dan.

Turbo may be on the cards, im still a rolling roadblock to the quad road trains !

No hills out Port Hedland way, but can get strong headwinds, just want to be able to sit on solid 90-95kmh.

Ive followed a lot of your turbo posts (and youtube vids) before joining Dan, i have spoken to Superior Turbos about pricing and components very helpful so may go down that path later on.

wanderlust53

Might be a bit late....

Hi

I am a newbie and doing some research on the suspension setup for a Canter and whilst I haven't pulled the trigger on a specific truck I have found Danielle at Westralia Springs in Welshpool to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

Shane

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles