Socks

Kerensky97

Xterra101
I think more important than the sock is the sock liner. Keeps your feet cool and eliminates blisters, I even stepped in water and soaked my foot and still came home blister free. Even just wearing decent crew socks in these, after a 10+ miles a day in these my feet were in good condition, and far less sweaty than without. Paired up with good socks their great but I think these make more difference than anything.

http://amzn.to/2Bq50Ze

Been a few days since I check the thread here. AWESOME to see more input! Funny/interesting to see folks so against a little self-expression too...to each their own.

I think more important than the sock is the sock liner. Keeps your feet cool and eliminates blisters, I even stepped in water and soaked my foot and still came home blister free. Even just wearing decent crew socks in these, after a 10+ miles a day in these my feet were in good condition, and far less sweaty than without. Paired up with good socks their great but I think these make more difference than anything.

http://amzn.to/2Bq50Ze

Great input, thank you! Forgot to add liners into my original question. What sock are you pairing with the liner?

craig333

Expedition Leader
Expo let me down on this one. Tried the icebreakers and the stance. Heavyweight version. Its not. They'll be nice dress socks but boot socks they ain't !

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Been a few days since I check the thread here. AWESOME to see more input! Funny/interesting to see folks so against a little self-expression too...to each their own.
Nothing wrong with self expression, mate. But there are proper ways of doing it.
Like switching to champagne corks for special occasions.

b7816e79c5b469d4153e2736c750bcb0--western-australia-corks.jpg

Expo let me down on this one. Tried the icebreakers and the stance. Heavyweight version. Its not. They'll be nice dress socks but boot socks they ain't !

Which socks from Stance did you give a go? We don't make a true heavyweight, unfortunately...down the road possibly will add that to the line. What makes a "boot" sock in your mind?

Thanks!

Kerensky97

Xterra101
Great input, thank you! Forgot to add liners into my original question. What sock are you pairing with the liner?

It was just Gold Toe Crew Athletic Socks. Nothing fancy, just my goto everyday sock. I have some thicker cushioned wool socks but my most recent hiking boot purchase is too small with them on. My toes feel cramped before I even start hiking. But with the liners and my regular white socks the fit is the perfect snugness which probably also helps keep the blisters down without my feet sliding around in an oversized boot.

MarcusBrody

I have numerous Smartwool and Darntough socks, but my go too are Costco's Kirkland Merino Hiking Socks. They don't seem to be up on the website right now, but they come out to 3-4 dollars a pair. They don't last quite as long as Darn Toughs, but I wear them hard and get a year or two of wear out of them rotating pairs and not washing after each use. I think they smell less than some of Darn Tough/Smartwool offerings.

ericvs

Going to put in a plug for a friends sock company. These are the best socks I have used, even after long bike rides in the rain, my feet were dry and warm. I even wore the socks out to the restaurant after the ride.

https://www.stratiswear.com/

GHI

Adventurer
Going to put in a plug for a friends sock company. These are the best socks I have used, even after long bike rides in the rain, my feet were dry and warm. I even wore the socks out to the restaurant after the ride.

https://www.stratiswear.com/

I'm all about spending some coin on good stuff, but I'm not ready for $45 socks. I thought I was a cool cat with my $25 Darn Tough.

fiddypal

Adventurer
Darn tough in various weights and cuts. Once i tried a pair i threw all my cheap ************ cotton socks in the trash.

They are expensive at 20$ a pair but you never need to buy a new socks again, once you wear a hole in them or damage them somehow send them in to darn tough and you will get a replcement pair free (for life).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste