ARB Products 20000 lbs Snatch Block

HAFICON

Adventurer
Anyone have one? If so how is it? I am sure it being ARB it is good, that is why I am looking at one. I just ordered a new Superwinch Tigershark 9500, with synthetic rope. I really wanted cable that is all I have ever ran but trying to cut weight. So with the fancy new synthetic rope I need a quality snatch block, superwinch makes one it is priced competitive to ARB but much more basic look.

Have something different what ya got?

ARB
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010E5RAI/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ASH3J3QJ61MH

Superwinch
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C0SNMXC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Warn
https://www.amazon.com/Warn-88899-S...969028&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=warn+snatchblock

Mile Marker
https://www.amazon.com/Mile-Marker-...sr=1-1-spell&keywords=mile+market+snatchblock

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I had Warn stuff, all of it got stolen so I am slowly rebuilding my kit. I am going to look into that Master Pull block and stay subscribed to this thread.

hovenator

Explorer
It is my understanding that the ARB 9000 is the best snatch block for use with synthetic due to having a polymer pulley. It can be used with steel cable as well.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Synthetic with snatch blocks suck. Synthetic melts at a low temp. Pull it around a tight pully and the dirt imbedded in it causes friction and heat that will melt it like butter. Let the winch bog out before you double line pull and if you use it then tension the line very slowly giving time to cool. I hate the stuff. Lets see...Touch it to a hot exhaust, diff or bottom of a radiator and it melts. It's as fragile as your skin but we drag it across rocks. The dirt and dust in the line cuts the fibers as you tension it. Keep your rig in the garage or the sun biodegrades it. You need a synthetic twice the diameter as cable if your going to actually use it more than once a year and then buy it all over again in a few years. It's junk. Don't fall for the myth that synthetic is better.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I have the ARB 9000 (20,000) and have been happy with it. If I had to buy another it would probably be the Master Pull, though.

As mentioned it's a polymer pulley so if keep it mated to the synthetic winch line you originally use it with. For me it's the main reason to buy a new snatch block, knowing it's history. You could I suppose use a Delrin pulley with a steel line but once you do you shouldn't use it with synthetic line thereafter.

Last edited:

HAFICON

Adventurer
I have the ARB 9000 (20,000) and have been happy with it. If I had to buy another it would probably be the Master Pull, though.

As mentioned it's a polymer pulley so if keep it mated to the synthetic winch line you originally use it with. For me it's the main reason to buy a new snatch block, knowing it's history. You could I suppose use a Delrin pulley with a steel line but once you do you shouldn't use it with synthetic line thereafter.

Right about the steel line and never using synthetic on anything that had steel run. Thanks for the info, I am going to possibly do the Master pull then.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Right about the steel line and never using synthetic on anything that had steel run. Thanks for the info, I am going to possibly do the Master pull then.
That's the safest thing but I believe it's OK to reuse steel parts such as fairlead rollers or a pulley if you inspect them closely and deburr as necessary. I switched my winch over and it was originally spooled with steel cable. When I rebuilt it I took the time to sand and paint the drum.

With the ARB the problem in my mind is being polymer it's possible to have steel burrs embedded that would be difficult to detect. Is maybe a brand new steel pulley the better option?

robert

Expedition Leader
All I've owned are the Warns since that is what our local truck equipment place sells. I've seen replacement poly sheaves for rebuilding steel versions but I can't recall where off the top of my head.

As much as I'd like to lose some weight on my truck I've stuck with wire line as well since it doesn't get used often. I hose it down with lube every now and then and make sure it's still working then disconnect the power lead again until I may need it.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Well I bought the ARB one, wanted the Master Pull but had Amazon credit and the Master Pull one I wanted is not on Amazon. Either way I’m sure the ARB will be fine for what I need.

Thanks for the replies.
James

HAFICON

Adventurer
well got it in and I am impressed more than I expected. 5.6 pounds is not bad weight, and the way the sides are designed looks like it will keep the line in the pulley even when slacked. Factory 55 has a snatch block in production, I just installed their Splicer thimble. Very happy with the results, will be watching see what they do with the snatch block. Also soon to come going to pull test my winch, line and thimble we have a dynamometer at work going to do a straight line pull see how this 9500lb Superwinch really falls. Then install the ARB snatch block and pull it again see how close we can get to double the pulling power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles