ThermaCell

toyotech

Expedition Leader
All the units advertise a "15 x 15-foot zone of protection for bug-free comfort". They all use the same size pads but different fuel options. My experience was a little smaller zone at 8500 ft with a light breeze. Initially we had a hard time getting the new unit it to light, but after several attempts it worked fine and then lit every time. It was probably lighting for us from the start but we couldn't tell. Takes about 10 min get the pad warm and emit the repellent.

Awesome. Gonna add it to my wish list and watch for a price drop on amazon lol. I have a few canisters I got for a small stove but never used it so it might as well go to the backpacker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Awesome. Gonna add it to my wish list and watch for a price drop on amazon lol. I have a few canisters I got for a small stove but never used it so it might as well go to the backpacker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love me thermacell's. I will say ordering through amazon is the best deal on the both refills that I've found. The only thing is the cartridges are hazmat and require a couple of extra days to get to you because they have to go ground. I was completely out this spring and needed some last min and my order arrived after I was already gone. Just fyi.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Love me thermacell's. I will say ordering through amazon is the best deal on the both refills that I've found. The only thing is the cartridges are hazmat and require a couple of extra days to get to you because they have to go ground. I was completely out this spring and needed some last min and my order arrived after I was already gone. Just fyi.

Good to know. I plan to keeping a well stock of refills. I ordered one and haven't used it yet but I picked it up for $35.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love these. Use them a lot here in AK. Also buy the ARS Mat 12 pads via eBay instead of Thermacell pads, and fit valves to make the Thermacell cartridges refillable.

Also, since this is my first post, hello from Alaska!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Love these. Use them a lot here in AK. Also buy the ARS Mat 12 pads via eBay instead of Thermacell pads, and fit valves to make the Thermacell cartridges refillable.

Also, since this is my first post, hello from Alaska!

What do I search for on eBay?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles