19 Gallon Water Tank on M101

I have been considering a 19 Gallon water tank on the tongue of my CDN M101 like the Adventure Trailers. But before I do I want to find out if anyone has done it and if so were there any problems.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
The only thing that I can see that is different is that we have a skid plate under ours.

You may need to fabricate a plate to protect the bottom of your tank.

Martyn

http://www.adventuretrailers.com/image_enlrgmnt/chaser7.html

http://www.adventuretrailers.com/image_enlrgmnt/ukchaser1.html

http://www.adventuretrailers.com/image_enlrgmnt/chaser0.html

chaser7.html

Last edited:

Robert Bills

Explorer
I have been considering a 19 Gallon water tank on the tongue of my CDN M101 like the Adventure Trailers. But before I do I want to find out if anyone has done it and if so were there any problems.

You should calculate how much tongue weight your water tank will add and determine whether that additional weight will affect handling to an unacceptable degree. You will want 10-15% tongue weight.

rctr03

Adventurer
i have the 19 gallon tank from martyn at AT on the front of my 101. i would suggest a tray underneath and 2 straps.

jimmy
thanks again martyn for all of my AT parts on my trailer.

jesusgatos

Explorer
You should calculate how much tongue weight your water tank will add and determine whether that additional weight will affect handling to an unacceptable degree. You will want 10-15% tongue weight.
If you're letting a trailer up to carry more water/fuel/etc, you can also transfer fluid between tanks to dial-in the weight distribution depending on the load.

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey

Martyn,

How do you keep water from freezing in your water tank during those cold weather nights? Some type of heater? Thanks.

Pete Wilson

Martyn

Hey

Martyn,

How do you keep water from freezing in your water tank during those cold weather nights? Some type of heater? Thanks.

Pete Wilson

As the tank it black it stores some heat so freezing has not been an issue for the occasional night where the temps drop below freezing.

People were talking about adding small heaters, but I don't know what became of it.

Outback

Explorer
After rewiring my M101A2 (bigger than the M101) I noticed there is alot of unused space under the bed. My plan is to mount a water tank under the bed and just in front of the axle. I may even mount it right over the axle. Need to see how big a water tank I can have built to fit up under there. Stainless steel and baffled with an easily accessable water fill and plumed into a filtration system. A 12 volt pump and spiket to round off the installation. My planned goals for this mod are lower center of gravity on the trailer and larger supply of fresh water I can carry. By going down under you will not loose any storage space either and if you carry the same amount of water then you will gain storage space!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior