Keep Tahoe or step up to Suburban?

Judoka

Learning To Live
I may be biased but Suburbans are my favorite platform for an Expo Rig! They are no bigger than a full size Crew Cab and they actually have a decent turning radius. I don't know it anyone has mentioned it yet, but one huge advantage to the suburban in my mind it the ability to get it in 3/4 ton! Much more durable than a Tahoe potentially. Roof to sleep in comfortably with a dog at your feet.

Old Griz

Make your learning mistakes on your current beater. Than step up to a burb when you have a better idea of what you need.

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
I may be biased but Suburbans are my favorite platform for an Expo Rig! They are no bigger than a full size Crew Cab and they actually have a decent turning radius. I don't know it anyone has mentioned it yet, but one huge advantage to the suburban in my mind it the ability to get it in 3/4 ton! Much more durable than a Tahoe potentially. Roof to sleep in comfortably with a dog at your feet.

My 84 K10 Suburban has a better turning radius than my 80 C10 single cab short bed!

Make your learning mistakes on your current beater. Than step up to a burb when you have a better idea of what you need.

I like that idea, what sort of mods would be recommended for a Tahoe that I could later switch over to a suburban? I'm planning on adding a mild lift, torsion bar keys and spacer, tires, roof rack, brush guard, would want a shelf/bed setup as well.

rayra

Expedition Leader
as long as they are both the same series (as in gmt800), all the front, rear, suspension bolt-ons should be transferable. Anything based on the length of the cargo area or roof is going ot come up short when it moves to the Sub. You could possibly engineer a joint on the roof rack and put an expansion piece in later. Any platform / drawers would need to be rebuilt for the added cargo area length. I'm pretty sure everything from the B-pillar forward is the same.

HisnHers2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier