Winch recommendations 2010 FUSO FG 140

Ninja Truck

R.O.A.D OVERLAND
Hey everyone some what new here. I'm building a FUSO flat deck with a custom camper. When all said and done with gear looking at around the 12,000lb mark. I want to mount a winch in the back between the frame but will also have a receptacle in the front if I need to pull from there as well. Was thinking something in the 20,000lb capacity thoughts on brand and pulling capacity?

Cheers

Aussie Iron

Explorer
I've got a Tigerz 11 20,000lb ( yea I know Chinese but how often do you use it) winch mounted in between the rear rails that is cabled to the front and by pulling a loop of the drum and using a pulley block we can double line out the rear if need be. It's all covered in one of my threads. (first one I believe).

Dan.

trackadda

Observer
have a look at the sherpa winchs, good price and well made. I have a 17000 lb going on the rear of my nps and a 17000 lb twin motor going on the front

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
More is better, sometimes.

I went with permanently mounted front and rear 16.5k winches. Good thing about the larger winches is a larger drum capacity, giving you more line to enable better pulls and reduction setups. American and many other consumer grade winches use the first inner layer rating method, but hey, that's marketing. Go to a German made winch and they rate it on the outer layer, giving more of a true reading. Luckily most pulls require no where near full rated capacity.

Harbor Freight actually has a decent line of consumer winches now, too.

Ninja Truck

R.O.A.D OVERLAND
Thanks everyone for your feed back I will do some more research in to the suggested winches also look at the 2 winch idea.

Cheers
Tyler

SuperVan

Forager
Hey Ninja~
Would like to know more about your 2010 FG... Best way to reach you? I can't seem to send a private message through your profile... SV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles