Spares

ColoDisco

Explorer
You will need to remove the ARB bar in order to get the headlamp assembly out. Some say its possible without removing the bar but I have not seen it done. You're gonna get very handy with a set of 18mm wrenches and hope you've got baby hands and wrists
I’ve done it multiple times without removing the bar. Just need to maneuver it correctly.

zelatore

Explorer
You will need to remove the ARB bar in order to get the headlamp assembly out. Some say its possible without removing the bar but I have not seen it done. You're gonna get very handy with a set of 18mm wrenches and hope you've got baby hands and wrists

I've done it multiple times without removing the bar. Just need to maneuver it correctly.

Hmmm I stand corrected then

I'm with Conner here. I know some people say they've done it but I sure don't know how! I've only had to pull my headlights once when I changed bulbs and I admit I didn't make a massive effort to get the housing free as I assumed it was a fool's errand so perhaps if I'd persisted I'd have gotten it free.

Instead, I say "show us the video!"
Alternatively you can stop by and remove a headlight from my truck if you're in the neighborhood. :)

In reality, I know you can change the bulbs without removing the housing entirely, so even if you can't figure out the right tetris move to get the housing past the ARB bull bar it's possible to change the bulb should it come to that. But when was the last time you had to change a bulb anyway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles