Eating crow....2018 Ram Power Wagon build

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Congrats to you both! :beer:

Sounds like a pretty cool build coming up.
I think focusing on her Power Wagon is a good way to start, but I wouldn't drop your Ford build.
There is good reason to have that Ford in your fleet, and the Power Wagon to beat. :)

TommyG

Adventurer
Congrats. You will not regret it.

Your story is giving me flashbacks. Mrs. G made me buy a Power Wagon too. Our old Tundra was on its way out and I drove the new Tundra and didn't like it so I was looking at Tacomas. She got very upset with me and pointed out that I need a bigger, tougher truck. We went and drove two Wagons. She marched right into the sales manager's office and said "Give us a license plate we are taking the blue one home for an extended test drive." We drove for a day and she made me go back and buy it. I kicked and screamed and protested through the entire process: "You mean you are going to make me buy this beast? Anything but that." :smiley_drive:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Well we picked her up earlier today and I put about 135 miles on her on the way back to the ranch. We will head home tomorrow and I'll attempt to fit the Factor55 Flatlink E, along with a shorter antenna, and hitch. The little lady is pretty excited about having two trucks and we are both looking forward to the build soon to follow. She isn't happy about me posting these pics or the fact that she has her eyes closed in one of them, but it has been raining all day long and I am not going to take anymore today so this is what you get for now.

C6tk79Z.jpg

iaRXQa9.jpg

4gJ8U7F.jpg

pXjCMFC.jpg

Halligan

Adventurer
Living the dream there, SuperDuty on 37's, New Wagon going to be on 37's, and a happy wife (cute too). Your a blessed man. Sorry to hear about your wife's sister and I hope the PW makes her feel safe while out on those crazy roads we all travel.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
One word.....

SUPERCHARGER...

Just say yes....

Lol!!!! Doubtful, very doubtful.

Finally returned home and I got around to de-stickering the factory warning stickers and dealer decal, I'm considering taking all of the badges off of the front doors along with the Hemi badge on the front fender too, might make for a cleaner look?!

Hooked up the winch and mounted the Factor55 Flatlink-E hook and a shorter radio antenna, I can't believe these manufacturers are still using those old 4ft long metal antennas these days, put it in the rear window like everyone else.

Next step is to order some White Knuckle sliders, I considered having some made by a local shop for a lot less, but I'm not sure I feel like messing with it when the White Knuckle Sliders are the gold standard. Still debating on which tire to run, I'd give the new BFG KM3 MT's a try if there were available, but still no word on when the shops will be receiving them for sale to the public. Looks like we are leaning towards Toyo Open Country RT's at the moment like we have on the Super Duty, they have been an excellent tire so far. The Thuren/King Steering-Stabilizer and 1.5" front lift coils should be on their way this coming week, can't wait to get rid of that factory rake.

hsh4oQ5.jpg

fHuxuf9.jpg

frq flyr

Observer
looking forward to your build.

Have you considered Power Wagons in Moab 2018?

I went last year and was amazed at the capabilities of a stock PW!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Have you considered Power Wagons in Moab 2018?

I actually checked the website the other night. We are planning a Big Bend trip in May so they would kind of be pretty close to one another, but we thought we could make it work regardless. Unfortunately it appears that their roster is full so we will have to wait until next year.

Ashton

Nice truck. Will be sure to follow.

thanks for giving your time and risking your life for the rest of us to enjoy what we enjoy every day. appreciate it.

How do you find the seat comfort between the PW and the F250? I know they're a bit different on the options spectrum, so perhaps not a fair comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles